title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cover art stopped saving

Cover art stopped saving

So I've been using the trial version of CD Ripper and everything was going smoothly so I went ahead and purchased a license.

I am not 100% sure of the timing but around the time I installed the registered version my album art stopped saving. It is not in the metadata and there no longer is the cover.jpg file in the output directory (I changed the default).

I almost always tweak the text metadata and more often than not I choose an alternative cover (using the internet option). I am saving to Apple Lossless on Mac OS Catalina.

I have a couple of 200+ cd boxed sets (Complete works of xxxx) to rip and this is slowing me down. I copy the art to the clipboard, then create a file and use a tagger to apply the artwork to the tracks. I'd really not have to do this

I've checked the setting and don't see anything obvious.

Any and all help appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Cover art stopped saving

When you load a disc in CD Ripper, does it show album art?

Also CD Ripper >> cd ripper options >> metadata and id tags

On the ID Tags page, ensure 'Album art' has a check mark.

When I load a CD it shows album art but often the wrong one of my boxed set, so I click on the button and "choose from internet" to find the correct one. I then click on that and the proper artwork shows in the box.

Yes, in the ID Tags window the Album Art is checked. I changed the default file name to cover.jpg from the drop down.

I tried ripping using the default artwork presented, but no joy there.

This weekend I will download the trial version on my laptop and see if that works any differently.

I downloaded the trial again on the same computer and re-ripped the last disk I tried with the paid version.

The trial worked fine, loaded "cover.jpg" and applied it to all tracks.

Color me mystified

I will use the trial version for the 17 days I have left. Hopefully by then we'll have a solution.

Administrator

Try to redownload the registered version and install, you should have R17.4

I have version R17.4. I re-downloaded my registered version and installed it. The cover art isn't saved to the tracks and the cover image isn't saved to the folder.

If I launch the trial version -- also R17.4 -- the cover art is saved.

Super Moderator

Thanks for the bug report. The problem is being investigated.

In meanwhile, you can run the new beta version-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...Mac-R17-5-beta
    It will offer registered features for a longer time than the trial version at least.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Super Moderator

If the problem persists, please open Advanced Settings, Diagnostics tab, Save configuration snapshot and email the file peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.

I registered for the forum to seek advice and help for this problem specifically. I am still on version 16.4. I just began re-ripping some of my CDs, and have run into a similar issue with album art metadata. Specifically, sometimes the album art that is downloaded automatically is the correct image, and I'll go ahead and tip the disc. Later, I sometimes realize that I forgot to check the resolution of the album cover image, and decide I will either look for a higher res image, or lately, if I have the time, I have just been scanning it in myself.

The problem occurs if the CD Ripper has already appended an image and I try to change it to a different one. I have tried several approaches all with the same end result, that the image will not change to the newly selected one. I have tried from the Windows context menu by selecting Properties -> ID-Tag, scrolling down to the image, clicking the little x to remove the image. I then hip Apply and then OK, and load the new image from a scanned file or a higher res downloaded one, (typically I just name it Folder.jpg for consistency) and apply the changes again. Now if I open the .flac file say in VLC media player (just to quickly check what album image is there), the album cover is still the old one. I have tried deleting the original "Folder.jpg" from the directory where the ripped tracks are, and replacing it with the new artwork, even naming it to something other than Folder.jpg, then applying the changes that way. Still no go. I have tried from the other context menu with the little blue icon, and doing it through there. Still, the original image (which I want to replace) persists. I have re-ripped 2 CDs now, and made sure to load the correct artwork before I hit "Rip", and the old artwork still comes back. I am at my wit's end trying to find a solution for this.

Does anyone have any other ideas I could try? Thanks.

Administrator

You should remove the art, click ok to save, then look again on the Edit ID Tags, there should be no art?

Hi peter, do I have to register the trial version after downloading it and installing it? I am having the same cover art problem with the trial version. I would like to first test the trial version before purchasing. Note: I am ripping in wave format. I hope you or someone else can help me solve this problem soon.

Administrator

There are no restrictions on the trial version of CD Ripper, it is likely your player cannot read cover art from any Wave file.

When I ripped the very first cd it did copy the art work and still shows it. But from there on it stopped copying the art work. Is there a setting I need to check for this problem?

Administrator

Does it show the cover art in CD Ripper?