title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Mac. CDs won't RIP yet iTunes does

Exclamation Mac. CDs won't RIP yet iTunes does

I am using an older iMac with High Sierra to rip my CDs to an external FW800 drive.

Everything was going fine for weeks then suddenly EVERY song in DBPoweramp shows an error (using various CDs) yet iTunes imports the CDs fine. Nothing has changed in my drives or set up.

Thanks for any ideas as to how I can fix this.

Administrator

Re: Mac. CDs won't RIP yet iTunes does

Any actual error message?

I am having a similar problem with the CD ripper - dbPowerAmp release 17.2. It has worked fine for months on my old iMac running El Capitan 10.11.6, but today it goes to the manual metadata lookup screen and does nothing. Itunes loads the disc and displays the tracks with no problem.When I enter the artist name and album title and click on 'Lookup Disc' dbPowerAmp crashes.Have tried multiple CDs with same result.

Administrator

Update to the latest version

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Update to the latest version
    Did that right away ( ver. 17.4) , with the same problem - no error message, CD ripper just stops after attempting to retrieve metadata - goes to the manual metadata search screen and stops.