title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi Disc Sets

Multi Disc Sets

Hi,

I'm trying to organise my multi disc sets/box sets using Asset. I have all my files tagged using the 'Disc Number' tags. If I select 'Leave Album Tag Untouched' in the options, however, it groups all the files in one album listing. I like to be able to view each disc separately so this is no good for me. Selecting 'Show as Album, Disc X' does achieve this but it's brought up a couple of anomalies. Firstly, a small number of discs show up as 'Disc 01, Disc 02, Disc 03' instead of 'Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3'. I also have a few single discs that now have 'Disc 0' added at the end. I've checked the tags on these discs and I can't figure out what's happened as the tags appear correct. In the case of the former, I've input '1', '2', '3' in the Disc tag. In the latter, I've left the Disc tag empty as the discs are not part of multi disc sets.

Ideally, I'd like an option where the box set appears as one album/listing. This would show the box set artwork. You would click on this and it would open up the separate discs with their own artwork. I don't think this can be done on Asset unless I'm mistaken. To give you an example, 'Neil Young Archives Vol. II (1972 - 1976)' would appear as one album with its artwork. You'd click on this and you'd then have separate discs, i.e. 'Disc 1 - Everybody's Alone (1972-1973)', 'Disc 2 – Tuscaloosa (1973)', etc, with their own artwork.

Administrator

Re: Multi Disc Sets

Which Tag editor are you using? dBpoweramp?

No, I'm using Metadatics.

Administrator

Try with dBpoweramp please. Or PerfectTUNES.

I don't have any of these programmes. It should work fine with Metadatics as I've not had problems with it on other UPNP software. I would have thought using the Disc Number tag on Metadatics would work fine.

Administrator

Often files can contain more than one tag type, using dbpoweramp or perfecttunes in their trial mode would show what tags asset is reading. We have to rule this out.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Knowles View Post
    I don't have any of these programmes. It should work fine with Metadatics as I've not had problems with it on other UPNP software. I would have thought using the Disc Number tag on Metadatics would work fine.
    What audio file format is your library?

In Metadatics, double-check that the Disc Number tag is consistent for all audio files?

... and as Spoon suggests, Asset may use a different disc no. tag than that used in Metadatics.
    Last edited by mville; 03-31-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Hi, I use FLAC and DSF files.

Looking at Metadatics, there is the 'Disc Number' tag and also a 'TotalDiscs' tag. Could it be latter tag interfering?

Am I right in thinking that the scenario I gave for the Neil Young boxset in my first post is not possible on Asset?

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi, I use FLAC and DSF files.

Looking at Metadatics, there is the 'Disc Number' tag and also a 'TotalDiscs' tag. Could it be latter tag interfering?
    In Metadatics, copy 'disc number' to 'discnumber' and 'totaldiscs' to 'disctotal', then Refresh All in Asset and report the outcome.

I'm not sure what you mean, I can only see 'Disc Number' and 'TotalDiscs'. There are no 'Discnumber' or 'Disctotal' options.

However, if I remove the TotalDiscs tag, the Disc 0 at the end disappears. It was for CDs where there is a bonus DVD or in the case of my SACDs, a surround mix in addition to the main stereo mix. Once I remove the TotalDiscs tag, the Disc 0 disappears. This solves that problem.

I can't figure out why I get 'Disc 01', 'Disc 02', etc. It does only seem to be on big box sets (i.e. at least 10 discs). Could this be the issue, that if there are at least 10 discs, it reverts to 2 characters instead of 1?

By the way, can I ask what you mean by Refresh All? Where can I find that? I thought Asset refreshed itself without needing to be instructed, is that not right?

dBpoweramp Guru

I'm not sure what you mean, I can only see 'Disc Number' and 'TotalDiscs'. There are no 'Discnumber' or 'Disctotal' options.
    Are you not able to create new tags in Metadatics e.g. 'Discnumber' and 'Disctotal' and then copy other tag values to these new tags?

By the way, can I ask what you mean by Refresh All? Where can I find that? I thought Asset refreshed itself without needing to be instructed, is that not right?
    Look in Asset UPnP Configuration.
    Last edited by mville; 03-31-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Are you not able to create new tags in Metadatics e.g. 'Discnumber' and 'Disctotal' and then copy other tag values to these new tags?

I'll have to look at this in the next day or two when I get a chance.

Look in Asset UPnP Configuration.
    Asset is stored on my Synology NAS. I access the Status, Options and Advanced settings via my Synology webpage. The screen shots on the Asset UpnP Configuration instructions page look quite different to what I'm seeing. I can't find the Refresh All button anywhere. I'm using a Mac by the way. What am I doing wrong?

dBpoweramp Guru

I can't find the Refresh All button anywhere
    On the following webpage, it has a Rescan All option. Do you not have this?:
    Asset UPnP Linux, QNAP & Synology Manual

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    On the following webpage, it has a Rescan All option. Do you not have this?:
    Asset UPnP Linux, QNAP & Synology Manual
    Sorry, yes I do have something similar. It looks slightly different on Synology, there is a 'Restart Asset UPnP', 'Rescan folders detecting changes' and 'Clear database, rescan all folders'. When I saw 'Refresh All', I thought there was some other page I couldn't see, that's all.