title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: DSF Tracks not showing on Recent Albums, Top Albums, Top Tracks

DSF Tracks not showing on Recent Albums, Top Albums, Top Tracks

I've recently added 'Recent Albums', 'Top Albums' and 'Top Tracks' to my browse tree. My library consists of FLAC and DSF files, located on a Synology NAS. I use the Naim app to access Asset UPnP via my Naim NDX.

When I play FLAC files, they show up in the 'Recent Albums', 'Top Albums' and 'Top Tracks' folders as you'd expect. However, DSF tracks don't appear at all. To clarify, I can view all my DSF albums/files and I can play them without issue. They just don't register in these folders. If I amend or add DSF files, they do appear in 'New Albums', however. Does anyone know what could be the issue?

Another issue I've noticed while amending some files' metadata. If I replace the artwork from an album which has been chosen as the 'Album Artist' artwork, for some reason the old artwork still shows up as the 'Album Artist' artwork even though I've deleted it. Any ideas why this is happening?

Administrator

Re: DSF Tracks not showing on Recent Albums, Top Albums, Top Tracks

We will mark as something to test when next working on Asset.

The Album artist artwork (upstream artwork) is set once when defining artists, if you have new art you would have to do a Rescan Refresh all.

Thanks. I've since tested this on a Naim Atom (part of their current series of streamers) and DSF files do appear in these folders after playing them. I have an NDX which is the previous generation. Could this be a Naim issue or maybe it's just not compatible with the previous generation?

On my Synology webpage, I get 3 options: 'Restart Asset UPnP', 'Rescan Folders Detecting Changes', and 'Clear Database, Rescan All Folders'. Would you suggest the latter option? There's no 'Rescan Refresh All'.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have NDX & Synology DS214 with Asset. I play DSD64 (.dsf) without problems ever since Naim enabled DSD64 on NDX & I don't seem to have your reported problem.
    Last edited by Mike-B; 04-07-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-B View Post
    I have NDX & Synology DS214 with Asset. I play DSD64 (.dsf) without problems ever since Naim enabled DSD64 on NDX & I don't seem to have your reported problem.
    Just to be clear, are you saying that after you've played DSD64 (.dsf) albums/tracks on your NDX, those same albums/tracks then appear in the 'Recent Albums', 'Top Albums' and 'Top Tracks' folders? That's the issue I've encountered. I don't have an issue with actually playing the files.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Knowles View Post
    Just to be clear, are you saying that after you've played DSD64 (.dsf) albums/tracks on your NDX, those same albums/tracks then appear in the 'Recent Albums', 'Top Albums' and 'Top Tracks' folders? That's the issue I've encountered. I don't have an issue with actually playing the files.
    I don't have my browsing options set up that retains Top Albums or Top Tracks. I do have "New Albums" (is that what you mean by "Recent" albums) & when I upload new DSD album (all format albums) I always touch Rescan Folders Detecting Changes, the new album is shown in New Albums & all other browsing paths I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-B View Post
    I don't have my browsing options set up that retains Top Albums or Top Tracks. I do have "New Albums" (is that what you mean by "Recent" albums) & when I upload new DSD album (all format albums) I always touch Rescan Folders Detecting Changes, the new album is shown in New Albums & all other browsing paths I have.
    As I said in my initial post, DSD albums do appear in 'New Albums', just not in the browsing paths shown in the thread title.

I think 'Recent Albums' actually means 'Recently played' whereas 'New Albums' means 'Recently added or amended'. That's how I understand the difference.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Knowles View Post
    We appear to be at cross purposes .... I would normally browse DSD (.dsf) by Artist/Album Artist, Album, Composer or New Albums, I don't use 'Recent Albums', 'Top Albums' and 'Top Tracks' folders (I have removed that root from my browse tree preferences) so maybe better that you thrash this one out with Spoon

No problem.

Spoon, going back to my other question about Album Artist artwork, if I click on 'Clear Database, Rescan All Folders', I get the following message:

Entire media database will be rebuilt. This may take a long time to finish before Asset is usable again. Are you sure?

I'm not sure how long this takes. Is there a quicker way of doing 'Rescan Refresh All'? I can't find this option on the Synology page.

Administrator

Yes that is the option on the Synology.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Yes that is the option on the Synology.
    Thanks, that solves that issue.