title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Multi Disc Sets

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oliver Knowles
    • Sep 2014

Re: Multi Disc Sets

Going back to my original post, is it not possible to display multi disc sets in this way? In other words, box sets would appear as one album but when you click on them, they are then divided into separate discs. As far as I can tell, the multi disc options on Asset don't allow for this. I don't like the default option of grouping all discs into one album folder. I've tagged all my multi disc sets using the Disk Number tag but only the 'Show as Album, Disc X' option seems to use this tag properly and then it presents other problems as we've discussed. Ideally, I don't really want to have to retag all these files just so that they fit with Asset. I hope that makes sense.

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Oliver Knowles
      Going back to my original post, is it not possible to display multi disc sets in this way? In other words, box sets would appear as one album but when you click on them, they are then divided into separate discs.
      Yes it is possible, as you can customise the browse tree.

Comment

• Oliver Knowles
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mville
        Please can you advise how you would do this? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Going back to my original post, is it not possible to display multi disc sets in this way? In other words, box sets would appear as one album but when you click on them, they are then divided into separate discs. As far as I can tell, the multi disc options on Asset don't allow for this. I don't like the default option of grouping all discs into one album folder. I've tagged all my multi disc sets using the Disk Number tag but only the 'Show as Album, Disc X' option seems to use this tag properly and then it presents other problems as we've discussed. Ideally, I don't really want to have to retag all these files just so that they fit with Asset. I hope that makes sense.
          You have to retag the albums where your disc number tag is saved to the wrong tag, otherwise asset will not read it.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Oliver Knowles
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
            You have to retag the albums where your disc number tag is saved to the wrong tag, otherwise asset will not read it.
            Sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean by my 'disc number tag is saved to the wrong tag'? Why does one tag need to be saved to another tag? I don't get this at all.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

For FLAC the tags you need are 'Discnumber' and 'disctotal' with no spaces.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Oliver Knowles
                • Sep 2014

Thanks, I've located these tags on Metadatics and they are the ones I'm using now. This solves the issue I had with some files showing as 'Disc 0', etc.

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Can't recall if one can copy from existing tag to correct tag field with dbpa. But in any case, with mp3tag, one can easily batch copy from your existing disc tags into these correct tags with a couple of mouse clicks (yes, works on FLAC files).

Comment

• Oliver Knowles
                    • Sep 2014

Hi Mville. Would you mind explaining how you would customise the browse tree to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• mville
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Dec 2008

Hi Mville. Would you mind explaining how you would customise the browse tree to achieve this? Thanks in advance.
                      RTFM

Sorry, I am a Illustrate for Windows only user, so I wouldn't have a clue how to configure Asset on a non-Windows platform.

Comment

• Oliver Knowles
                        • Sep 2014

RTFM

Sorry, I am a Illustrate for Windows only user, so I wouldn't have a clue how to configure Asset on a non-Windows platform.
                        No worries. Thanks for replying anyway.

Comment

Working...

]]>