title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ordering albums in chronological ascending order

Ordering albums in chronological ascending order

Hi,

I have all my albums tagged by year. At the moment when I view albums via 'Album Artist / Album', I can see albums in chronological order but with the most recent album first. I want to change this so I can see them in ascending order (i.e. the debut album first, second album, third album, etc). How can I achieve this? On MinimServer, there is a facility to do this but I can't find it on Asset. Does anyone know?

I'm using a Synology NAS and the Naim app.

Thanks in advance.

Administrator

Re: Ordering albums in chronological ascending order

You can add an entry to the tree:

Album by Release (INV)

you can put this in Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can add an entry to the tree:

Album by Release (INV)

you can put this in Artist
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Okay, I've got albums in ascending order now, thanks. However, I have a couple of further questions related to ordering albums chronologically. Firstly, is there any way of removing the year prefix at the start of the album name? In other words, instead of having to read '1997 OK Computer', I would just see 'OK Computer'?

Secondly, for artists who have more than 1 album in any given year, how can I change it so that those albums are listed chronologically rather than alphabetically? For example, Kate Bush released 2 albums in 2011. I want 'Director's Cut' to appear before '50 Words For Snow'. On other software, I've manipulated the Year metadata tab (e.g. 2011-05 and 2011-11) to make this work but this doesn't seem to have any affect using Asset. Any ideas?

Administrator

Sorry no option to remove the year.

I do not think it is possible to do your 2nd request either, sorry.

That's a shame. How does Asset recognise the Year field then? Is it just taking the first 4 characters and inserting it at the start of the Album Name?

Administrator

Yes, it will convert it to an integer.