title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Is there a limit of the number of mp3's that can be processed at one time?

Is there a limit of the number of mp3's that can be processed at one time?

Hello, I have over 160,000 mp3's that I want to process. However I get the not responding when I click on the folder. I thought maybe if I waited a while it would start to work. Is there a Maximum number of files that can be processed at one time? Thank you.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Is there a limit of the number of mp3's that can be processed at one time?

Quote Originally Posted by DaPeaceMan View Post
    Hello, I have over 160,000 mp3's that I want to process. However I get the not responding when I click on the folder. I thought maybe if I waited a while it would start to work. Is there a Maximum number of files that can be processed at one time? Thank you.
    It can process a lot, maybe even 160k. But my recollection is that it takes quite a while to start processing the files after you start processing. Are you giving it enough time to start. Try to start conversion, and just leave it for an hour and then check on it.

Administrator

You have 160K mp3s inside that one folder? not in sub folders?

You should be able to select a folder quite quickly as long as there are not 160K files directly in that folder.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have 160K mp3s inside that one folder? not in sub folders?

You should be able to select a folder quite quickly as long as there are not 160K files directly in that folder.
    I assumed the OP has these 160k files in lots of different subfolders (e.g., ARTIST and ALBUM), but is selecting the top directory (and including all the lower subdirectories) in order to convert everything at once.