title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Reset On Window 10

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ski846+879
    • Mar 2021

Reset On Window 10

How do you reset dBpoweramp CD Ripper when using Windows 10. The program will no longer read my CD from either of my 2 CD players. Pleas help.

The problem is the program because I can use Windows media player for ripping just fine.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Reset On Window 10

This?

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ski846+879
      • Mar 2021

This is not my issue. The problem seems to be in the off-set of the program during the initial setup. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program but it does not let me do another offset of my cd drive. I think that's the problem because the program works intermittently but not consistently.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The offset of the drives is found once and is a constant, it should not stop the drives from ripping.

If it is working intermittently then it suggests a hardware issue.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ski846+879
          • Mar 2021

Originally posted by Spoon
          The offset of the drives is found once and is a constant, it should not stop the drives from ripping.

If it is working intermittently then it suggests a hardware issue.
          It is not a hardware issue. I can successfully play DVDs, CDs, and RIP files using other programs. It DEFINITELY is the dBpoweramp CD Ripper as this is the ONLY program to have this issue. I like the program because I can rip an entire CD as one file and I have paid for it to do this. So I would like assistance so the program will work properly. %This is the only location to which I can turn for help as you do not have a direct contact support link. If that can be provided I would appreciate it.

Comment

• Dat Ei
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ski846+879
            It is not a hardware issue. I can successfully play DVDs, CDs, and RIP files using other programs.
            That is no proof, because DVD and CD player skip errors without a warning. And so do most of the rip programs (except accurate rip capable programs like dBpa or eac).

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Run this:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Then reinstall. Then try ripping a CD without changing any setting.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>