title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Reset On Window 10

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ski846+879
    • Mar 2021

Reset On Window 10

How do you reset dBpoweramp CD Ripper when using Windows 10. The program will no longer read my CD from either of my 2 CD players. Pleas help.

The problem is the program because I can use Windows media player for ripping just fine.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Reset On Window 10

This?

Microsoft have updated Windows Defender to include an option called "Controlled folder access" this basically limits every program from accessing key areas of the system unless permitted on an individual program basis. By default this option is off for Windows, however if it is enabled you should add the programs
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ski846+879
      • Mar 2021

This is not my issue. The problem seems to be in the off-set of the program during the initial setup. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program but it does not let me do another offset of my cd drive. I think that's the problem because the program works intermittently but not consistently.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The offset of the drives is found once and is a constant, it should not stop the drives from ripping.

If it is working intermittently then it suggests a hardware issue.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ski846+879
          • Mar 2021

Originally posted by Spoon
          The offset of the drives is found once and is a constant, it should not stop the drives from ripping.

If it is working intermittently then it suggests a hardware issue.
          It is not a hardware issue. I can successfully play DVDs, CDs, and RIP files using other programs. It DEFINITELY is the dBpoweramp CD Ripper as this is the ONLY program to have this issue. I like the program because I can rip an entire CD as one file and I have paid for it to do this. So I would like assistance so the program will work properly. %This is the only location to which I can turn for help as you do not have a direct contact support link. If that can be provided I would appreciate it.

Comment

• Dat Ei
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ski846+879
            It is not a hardware issue. I can successfully play DVDs, CDs, and RIP files using other programs.
            That is no proof, because DVD and CD player skip errors without a warning. And so do most of the rip programs (except accurate rip capable programs like dBpa or eac).

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Run this:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Then reinstall. Then try ripping a CD without changing any setting.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>