title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Seek table in File Metadata for .flac files

Seek table in File Metadata for .flac files

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if I will be able to add a seek table in the files metadata, to rip my whole collection to .flac, for use with sonos.

I'm following their guidelines but would like to know if dbPoweramp can make this happen.

Thanks in advance!!

https://developer.sonos.com/build/co...est-practices/

Administrator

Re: Seek table in File Metadata for .flac files

The seek table would only be used if actually changing position within the track, not when decoding in a linear fashion, as the data is just read sequentially and decoded.

I will check though if we write a seek table.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The seek table would only be used if actually changing position within the track, not when decoding in a linear fashion, as the data is just read sequentially and decoded.

I will check though if we write a seek table.
    I don&*8217;t believe you do. I recently updated my streaming box to a Marantz M-CR612, and found I was no longer able to change positions within a track. I used the command-line metaflac to add seekpoints and then was able to fast forward and reverse. Could you add the option to add a seektable? Even if not, could you give advice on adding seekpoints to existing files en masse? I&*8217;ve used dbpoweramp for years and have thousands of files to which I now need to add seek points. Thanks.

Administrator

The next update will include seek tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The next update will include seek tables.
    Thank you—I am glad to hear it. Do you have recommendations for adding the seek table to existing ripped FLAC files? Command line utilities such as metaflac are cumbersome to use, and it looks like it will also take hours. I’d rather redo my collection a few items at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdrisco View Post
    Thank you—I am glad to hear it. Do you have recommendations for adding the seek table to existing ripped FLAC files? Command line utilities such as metaflac are cumbersome to use, and it looks like it will also take hours. I’d rather redo my collection a few items at a time.
    Latest Windows release, 17.4, does indeed add a seek table. Moreover, my Marantz streamer now allows seek within tracks. It’s unfortunate that some newer streamer models require FLAC files to have this feature. I used to use an Olive Opus, which didn’t require it; nor do any of my iOs apps.