title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can’t Connect my NAS to premium asset

Can’t Connect my NAS to premium asset

Upgraded from free to Premium.Deleted old version of asset and downloaded the Premium all working fine on the I Mac but when playing from the server it’s telling me I need premium to use the extra features.?
    Tried deleting everything and re loading premium but still the same
    Any advice will be welcome

Administrator

Re: Can’t Connect my NAS to premium asset

You would need asset installed on your NAS, not the iMac.

I cant install it on the QNAP NAS I have followed the instructions on the Asset site but it will not load.
    I have contacted QNAP help desk this is there reply
    thanks for contacting QNAP support, it looks like that was available in our app store a long time ago. From what I can see now its not available anymore. It would have been maintained by asset themselves. So it looks like there is no available app. Their documentation on their website also looks outdated.

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-qnap-install.htm ;

You may need to contact them directly to see if they still support installing on QNAP.

Administrator

What happens when you try to install it? what messages are shown? is there an Asset icon after install?

Error 2021-03-25 10:58:40 System 127.0.0.1 App Center App Installation [App Center] Failed to install Asset UPnP.app.zip due to a file format error.

Went to install manually ,searched for file on the I Mac app downloads ,there is no Asset icon ,message as above .

Administrator

>Asset UPnP.app.zip

This is the iMac version, it will not install on the QNAP, on your registered download page for asset, you should have a download for the QNAP, the file when downloaded is:

Asset-premium.qpkg