title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Issues with asset upnp on Synology NAS

Issues with asset upnp on Synology NAS

I've recently moved to Synology from QNAP.
    I've successfully set up Asset on the new NAS. However, I believe I have found a potential compatibility issue. I've been having problems with DSM6.2 properly indexing media files and indexing files for universal search.
    Having engaged with Synology they suggested that is was a third party app that I had installed. Since I only had 3 third party apps installed including Asset, I went through a process of elimination and it appears that I can resolve the issue with DSM if I disable Asset.
    The NAS in question is a DS1821+, which is the new AMD Ryzen based NAS.
    Any issues seen by others / suggestions?

Administrator

Re: Issues with asset upnp on Synology NAS

It is likely that 2 apps (Asset and the Indexer) are trying to open the same files at the same time, you can set Assets indexing to manually triggered.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

What's the easiest way to stop Asset from automatically indexing files (and thereby clashing with Synology's indexer)? Is it simply a case of disabling "Detect & Catalog New Tracks" and then clicking the "scan for changes" button as appropriate?

Administrator

Yes