title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dsd to pcm

Re: Dsd to pcm

Sorry, but I think we are still talking about two different things. Peak normalization is not only for simply changing the volume, it is for maximizing the peak level to the maximum peak level directly in the file. This has nothing to do with replay gain or the EBU128-Level.

Peak Normalization makes sense. Thatīs the reason, Your dBpoweramp has a peak volume normalize PlugIn, but only track-based, not album- or folder-based.

Is that a lot of effort to add this feature? It would save work immensely and is for me the decision whether dBpoweramp or AuI Converter. dBpoweramp is much more sympathetic to me because of a lot of reasons, but without the feature the effort of file processing is too great, because the batch processing in AuI-Converter is fully automatic. And I have a lot of dsf-files to convert.

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Saitenschwinger,

I still don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitenschwinger View Post
    Peak normalization is not only for simply changing the volume, it is for maximizing the peak level to the maximum peak level directly in the file.
    So it's like replay gain (apply)?

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Reprising an old thread. If I am converting FLAC to DSD and wish to volume normalize, do I need to set the bit depth at 32 bit floating point first up or just the volume normalize DSP?

Administrator

You could do.