title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dsd to pcm

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saitenschwinger
    • Oct 2021

Re: Dsd to pcm

Sorry, but I think we are still talking about two different things. Peak normalization is not only for simply changing the volume, it is for maximizing the peak level to the maximum peak level directly in the file. This has nothing to do with replay gain or the EBU128-Level.

Peak Normalization makes sense. That´s the reason, Your dBpoweramp has a peak volume normalize PlugIn, but only track-based, not album- or folder-based.

Is that a lot of effort to add this feature? It would save work immensely and is for me the decision whether dBpoweramp or AuI Converter. dBpoweramp is much more sympathetic to me because of a lot of reasons, but without the feature the effort of file processing is too great, because the batch processing in AuI-Converter is fully automatic. And I have a lot of dsf-files to convert.

Thanks

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Hey Saitenschwinger,

I still don't get it.

Originally posted by Saitenschwinger
      Peak normalization is not only for simply changing the volume, it is for maximizing the peak level to the maximum peak level directly in the file.
      So it's like replay gain (apply)?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Partha
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Nov 2017

Reprising an old thread. If I am converting FLAC to DSD and wish to volume normalize, do I need to set the bit depth at 32 bit floating point first up or just the volume normalize DSP?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You could do.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>