title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper Results

CD Ripper Results

Hi All,

I have read a lot on this forum and would like to check a few things. When I rip a CD I get one of four results.

I believe the first two are good rips without any problems and can be fully trusted.

Result 1 - Accurate (24)

Result 2 - X[red] AR(24) "Green Tick" Secure ----------(IS THIS A PERFECT RIP WITHOUT ANY ISSUES?)

I am not sure if I can trust the third result

Result 3 - X[red] AR(24) ![green] Secure ---------- (Not sure what the difference is between the "Green Tick" and the "Green Exclamation Mark")

I know I can not trust this rip

Result 4 - X[red] AR(24) X[red] Unsecure

Any comments or clarification appreciated.

Thanks Derek
    Last edited by Derekpaul; 03-06-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper Results

Only number 1 is pretty much guaranteed to be error free.

Number 2 relies on your drives ability to detect errors, as the track did not match AccurateRip, if other tracks did and the confidence is 2 or more then it is likely your rip has errors, even though it says secure.

Number 3 is the same as number 2, except the drive detected an error and thinks it recovered it.

Hi Spoon

A really big THANK YOU for your reply.

Derek

Does that mean that this is likely to be a good rip (results attached). The drive passed the test for detecting C2 pointers, as described in the Help.

RipError.JPG

Administrator

There is no way to be certain relying on a single drive to self verify. If you had a 2nd CD drive (different brand) and the AccurateRip CRCs were the same from both then that is a very good indicator.

For most relying on the drive to self verify is enough.

Thanks. I do indeed have a second drive. I mostly use an external drive, as that passed the C2 test (the internal one didn't). I got the exactly the same results for this CD in both drives, so it sounds like it's ok. The only CDs that I haven't been able to rip so far in either drive are those that appear to have copy protection.