title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to read CD, check CD disc

Unable to read CD, check CD disc

Hi all,

I've been using dBpoweramp to rip my audiobook collection to my hard drive, and it's proving very useful, way better than the way I used to do it with iTunes.

However, one disc that I'm trying to rip right now is throwing up something strange: when I insert the disc into my drive, it takes about 4 or 5 minutes for all the disc's tracks to show up in dBpoweramp (normally this takes about 10 seconds.) Then when I begin ripping the disc, track 1 gets stuck at 1% for another 5ish minutes, before the disc is auto-ejected and gives me the error message for all tracks: "Unable to read CD, check CD disc".

To my eyes, the CD is pristine, no visible scratches/smudges and I have cleaned it with a screen cloth. I have tried ripping both with c2 pointers enabled and disabled, as well as ripping in burst mode, but no joy. Does anyone have any suggestions before I'm forced to buy another copy of the cd?

Using a Macbook Pro with Apple Superdrive. All other discs for the same CD have been ripping fine.

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Unable to read CD, check CD disc

does this problem disk rip with itunes? Maybe a problem with that particular disk.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    does this problem disk rip with itunes? Maybe a problem with that particular disk.
    I have the same problem ripping dbpoweramp which worked befor 17.3 Reference. very well. Nw I get "no cd-dricve found" while the explorer ist displaying the drive as Audio CD.
    I went back to 17.2 Reference and the problem disappears.
    Last edited by ThDecker; 03-02-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ThDecker View Post
    I have the same problem ripping dbpoweramp which worked befor 17.3 Reference. very well. Nw I get "no cd-dricve found" while the explorer ist displaying the drive as Audio CD.
    I went back to 17.2 Reference and the problem disappears.
    Try restarting Windows in Safe-Mode with Networking, then try CD Ripper R17.3, does it work?