title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Playlists

Question Playlists

Hi. I use Asset on a Synology Server.
    I have exported a playlist (.m3u)
    I have put it in a Folder that I have told Asset is for Playlists in the configuration.
    The Name of the Playlist shows when looking at "Playlists"
    Asset restarted, and when looking (eg: using VLC or Naim), the right number of tracks show (12 in this case) But the files do not play, and the track names don't show (only Artist).

ie: .m3u file contents looks like this:

*EXTM3U
    *EXTINF:182,When I Kissed The Teacher - ABBA
    /Volumes/music/iTunes 2/iTunes Media/Music/ABBA/Arrival (Sweden Test Pressing)/01 When I Kissed The Teacher.aiff
    *EXTINF:232,Dancing Queen - ABBA
    /Volumes/music/iTunes 2/iTunes Media/Music/ABBA/Arrival (Sweden Test Pressing)/02 Dancing Queen.aiff
    etc

please advise.

Administrator

Re: Playlists

/Volumes/music/iTunes 2/iTunes Media/Music/

This looks like a path on your MAC, you would need the correct path on the Synology

Re: Playlists

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    /Volumes/music/iTunes 2/iTunes Media/Music/

This looks like a path on your MAC, you would need the correct path on the Synology
    gotcha. what should the syntax be?

on the Synology, the following is in the MUSIC folder (as an example): /iTunes 2/iTunes Media/ABBA/Arrival (Sweden Test Pressing)]/01 When I Kissed The Teacher.aiff

Lightbulb Re: Playlists

For anyone else setting these up, the answer is that the Playlist syntax is:

/volume1/music/ followed by the full path in my case

ie: /volume1/music/iTunes 2/iTunes Media/ABBA/Arrival (Sweden Test Pressing)]/01 When I Kissed The Teacher.aiff

no quotes, spaces are fine. The /volume1/ is the same as Asset is told where to look for the music.