title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sample Rate conversion for MP3 not working

Sample Rate conversion for MP3 not working

I got a complaint from one of our radio broadcasters that the files I'm sending them are NOT 48k. All of the production we do is at 44.1k/24bit and all other radio networks are taking 44.1k/256kbps MP3. This network wants 48k/112kbps which is easy to do within my saved settings, adding 16bit dithering and change to 48k from 44.1k. However, once I got the complaint I verified the files encoded for them and they are, in fact, 44.1k.

After a little more research, I confirmed that this is ONLY happening when converting to MP3, as any WAV files I send them do convert to 48k/16bit. Can someone else verify this for me? In the mean time, I'm going to have to use another encoder for the files I send them.

Currently using v17.4 for Mac

Thanks...

I also posted this in the "Music Converter" forum.

Just confirmed this is ONLY happening with MP3 conversion. I checked some older encodes I did to AAC from 96k WAV and they're at 48k.

Again, I'd appreciate it if anyone else can confirm this.

Thanks
    Last edited by Eric Seaberg; 02-26-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Re: Sample Rate conversion for MP3 not working

Just confirmed this also happens in Windows v16.6, so it's not just a Mac problem.

Administrator

>48k/112kbps

You need to go on the advanced page for mp3 (Lame) and choose 48KHz for the frequency. At this low bit rate without 48khz forced, even if the source is 48khz, lame will convert to 44KHz

Thanks for the reply, Spoon. Will that change ALL other MP3 encodes or only this one profile?

Thanks again!!

Just tried and confirmed the setting stays with the profile. I also assume that, since I'm forcing SRC to 48k, it doesn't need to be a separate DSP function... only dithering to 16bit.

Thanks again! I LOVE THIS APP!!!

Administrator

It is better to use the DSP effect Resample to 48KHz because our resampler is better than the one in lame (if the source was not already 48KHz, if always 48KHz then no need).

Will do so, thanks again.