title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sample Rate conversion for MP3 not working

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sample Rate conversion for MP3 not working

I got a complaint from one of our radio broadcasters that the files I'm sending them are NOT 48k. All of the production we do is at 44.1k/24bit and all other radio networks are taking 44.1k/256kbps MP3. This network wants 48k/112kbps which is easy to do within my saved settings, adding 16bit dithering and change to 48k from 44.1k. However, once I got the complaint I verified the files encoded for them and they are, in fact, 44.1k.

After a little more research, I confirmed that this is ONLY happening when converting to MP3, as any WAV files I send them do convert to 48k/16bit. Can someone else verify this for me? In the mean time, I'm going to have to use another encoder for the files I send them.

Currently using v17.4 for Mac

Thanks...

Re: Sample Rate conversion for MP3 not working

Just confirmed this is ONLY happening with MP3 conversion. I checked some older encodes I did to AAC from 96k WAV and they're at 48k.

Again, I'd appreciate it if anyone else can confirm this.

Thanks

Just confirmed the same happens in the Windows version, 16.6, just it's just not a Mac problem.
    Last edited by Eric Seaberg; 02-26-2021 at 01:58 PM.