title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How can I switch to the Windows version?

How can I switch to the Windows version?

I just purchased the Mac version (along with PerfectTunes) so I can convert my WAV Lossless files to FLAC. After downloading I have discovered this is only available on the PC version. I use Parallels to run Windows programs so I would like to use the Windows version of dBpoweramp and the Mac version of PerfectTunes. How do I do this?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How can I switch to the Windows version?

Quote Originally Posted by dpuserjon View Post
    I just purchased the Mac version (along with PerfectTunes) so I can convert my WAV Lossless files to FLAC. After downloading I have discovered this is only available on the PC version. I use Parallels to run Windows programs so I would like to use the Windows version of dBpoweramp and the Mac version of PerfectTunes. How do I do this?
    Do you mean WMP Lossless files (rather than WAV). I suspect the MAC program can convert WAV files.

I originally created lossless files and these files have the .wma extension. I should have said these are WMA files.
    When I try to access the files on my Mac using dBconverter the files are greyed out, I can't open them.
    When I try to access the files through the Finder, I get an error "Unable to load decoder for file type '.wma', codec not installed? Visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter]"
    On Codec Central, I see WMA listed this way: "Microsoft V10 Pro, standard, lossless & voice. Windows Only"

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dpuserjon View Post
    I originally created lossless files and these files have the .wma extension. I should have said these are WMA files.
    When I try to access the files on my Mac using dBconverter the files are greyed out, I can't open them.
    When I try to access the files through the Finder, I get an error "Unable to load decoder for file type '.wma', codec not installed? Visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter]"
    On Codec Central, I see WMA listed this way: "Microsoft V10 Pro, standard, lossless & voice. Windows Only"
    Yes, I suspect WMA doesn't work with Mac version (and your reference confirms this). I was only pointing out that WAV files can likely be converted with the Mac version. @spoon will have to address changing versions, as I'm just another user.
    Last edited by garym; 02-26-2021 at 12:40 PM.

Administrator

If it is a one off conversion of WMA, keep with dBP on the mac, and install the trial version on Windows which will allow the conversion from WMA to FLAC.

Thank you, that worked.