title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to read CD, check CD disc

Unable to read CD, check CD disc

Good Day,

I have found multiple references to this but most were YEARS old and in the software/hardware world most are obsolete by the time they are sold.
    the below excerpt is from the error log.
    The first and second cd I did went smoothly, third one had 5 errors about accurate but not secure.
    now two in a row show this.
    These are rather old CDs, like me...
    I have C2 off now.

dBpoweramp Release 17.3 Digital Audio Extraction Log from Friday, February 26, 2021 07:36

Drive & Settings
    ----------------

Ripping with drive 'H: [PIONEER - BD-RW BDR-XD07]', Drive offset: 667, Overread Lead-in/out: No
    AccurateRip: Active, Using C2: No, Cache: 1024 KB, FUA Cache Invalidate: No
    Pass 1 Drive Speed: Max, Pass 2 Drive Speed: Max
    Ultra:: Vary Drive Speed: No, Min Passes: 2, Max Passes: 4, Finish After Clean Passes: 2
    Bad Sector Re-rip:: Drive Speed: Max, Maximum Re-reads: 34

Encoder: FLAC -compression-level-5
    DSP Effects / Actions: -dspeffect1="ReplayGain= -r128lufs={qt}-18{qt} -maxtgain={qt}25 dB{qt}" -dspeffect2="HDCD="

Extraction Log
    --------------

Track 1: ERROR Ripping LBA 0 to 19183 (4:15) in 1:00. Filename: F:\Music\Madonna\Hard Candy\01 Madonna - Candy Shop.flac
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 7255 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 19183)

Track 2: ERROR Ripping LBA 19183 to 37474 (4:03) in 0:05. Filename: F:\Music\Madonna\Hard Candy\02 Madonna - 4 Minutes.flac
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 19626 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 37474)

Track 3: ERROR Ripping LBA 37474 to 59067 (4:47) in 0:13. Filename: F:\Music\Madonna\Hard Candy\03 Madonna - Give It 2 Me.flac
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 39789 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 59067)

I appreciate any assistance anyone can give me...
    Sorry if this is a redundant post I just could not find anything.

If You believe it's a dive please let me know the best for Ripping OLD cds.

Thank you so much.
    Paul
    Last edited by Paul Boo; 02-26-2021 at 08:20 AM.

Administrator

Re: Unable to read CD, check CD disc

The drive is not able to read the CD. A new drive is needed or a new CD.

If I may ask...
    As you see by the specs above the Drive is fairly new, and works perfectly for some CDs.
    I hit play in the CD ripper and the song actually plays.
    What drive would you recommend, I saw the post about accuracy.
    ASUS - BW-16D1HT (373 users): Submissions: 5101 accurate, 22 inaccurate, 99.5706 % accuracy.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Boo View Post
    As you see by the specs above the Drive is fairly new, and works perfectly for some CDs.
    I hit play in the CD ripper and the song actually plays.
    If you are able to rip CDs accurately (i.e. with accuraterip confidence), then this suggests an issue with the CD.

It could be a pressing issue (which Hard Candy release are you trying to rip?), or try cleaning the CD.