title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset doesnt update when new albums are added.

Asset doesnt update when new albums are added.

Hello - forgive me if this basic question has already been answered elsewhere. I have a trial version of Asset on my Synology NAS and love it - other than when I add a new album to the NAS Asset doesnt pick it up unless I do a manual rescan. Is it correct that a manual rescan is needed every time an album is added?
    Thanks.

Super Moderator

Re: Asset doesnt update when new albums are added.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Asset should indeed detect changes automatically with no manual interaction needed.
    What exact model of Synology do you have and what version of Asset are you running?

Thanks for your reply. I have just tried again to add a new album and Asset is working fine! Hopefully all is well now.

I have the same problem.

When both dBPoweramp CD ripper and Asset were on Windows, ripping a disc automatically added it to the library.

I transferred Asset to my NAS (Debian Linux) and the library scan went well. But last night, I ripped (on Windows) about 50 CDs and they did not get in the library until I manually updated.

Where should I look ? Thanks in advance.

Administrator

Linux is not as good as Windows to detect file changes, for this reason you are best setting it to rescan every 10 minutes.

That was easy! Never even looked that there was such a setting.

Thanks

Hello - I am still having issues when adding new albums (I have now purchased the full version of Asset)- I use Windows and have a Synology Nas and use DB Poweramp. When I download a new CD to the Nas using DB Poweramp Asset either doesnt pick up the new album or only picks up 1 or 2 tracks until I click on rescan and let it run for a couple of seconds - after this the full album is picked up. Any suggestions regarding how to fix this issue? Thanks.

Administrator

You would set Asset on the Synology to rescan every 10 minutes, this will allow it to pick up new items quickly.