title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Launch multiple instances of CD Ripper using multiple CD Rom Drives, scripted.

Launch multiple instances of CD Ripper using multiple CD Rom Drives, scripted.

Have been a long time user of VortexBox, and I just switched over to dBpoweramp.
    Love it.
    I built a machine to rip CD collections, and it has 4 CD Rom drives.
    The weakness that I have found with VortexBox is that if I load up all 4 drives, the CDs will rip sequentially.
    Perhaps someone smarter than me knows how to fix this, I haven't been able to. My Linux skills aren't that great.
    I want parallel processing.

Enter dBpoweramp and CD ripper.
    I wanted to launch 4 instances of the ripper, each using a specific drive.
    I know you can click the dropdown on each window and select the drive, but that is kinda lame.
    I wrote an autoit script that launches the cdripper app four times, and moves each instance to the 4 corners of my monitor with a specific window size.
    It then selects the correct drive letter for each instance.
    Nothing fancy, but it works*.
    *for me.
    That leaves you with only having to drop CDs in, then hit 'rip' on each window.
    Looks like this:
    dBpowerampCDRipper4x.jpgdBpowerampCDRipper4x.jpg

AutoIt is freeware. Grab my script, paste it into a new .au3 file.
    From there you can edit it to your liking.
    You can then compile it into an .exe file.

Script:

;Launch 4 instances of dBpoweramp CD Ripper, each instance using a specific drive letter (Drive Letters E: thru H: in this example)
    ;
    ;Launch first instance, wait for the app to launch, and place the window in the top left corner (-7, 0) with window size 650x500
    Run("C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\CDGrab.exe")
    WinWait("[CLASS:*32770]")
    WinMove("[CLASS:*32770]", "", -7, 0, 650, 500)
    ;Selects drive letter 'E:'
    WinWait("dBpoweramp CD Ripper","")
    ControlSend("dBpoweramp CD Ripper","","[CLASSNN:ComboBox7; INSTANCE:7]","E")
    ;Wait 2 seconds
    Sleep(2000)
    ;
    ;Launch second instance, wait for the app to launch, and place the window in the top right corner (630, 0) with window size 650x500
    WinMove("[CLASS:*32770]", "", 630, 0, 650, 500)
    ;Selects drive letter 'F:'
    ControlSend("dBpoweramp CD Ripper","","[CLASSNN:ComboBox7; INSTANCE:7]","F")
    ;Wait 2 seconds
    Sleep(2000)
    ;
    ;Launch third instance, wait for the app to launch, and place the window in the bottom left corner (-7, 500) with window size 650x500
    WinMove("[CLASS:*32770]", "", -7, 500, 650, 500)
    ;Selects drive letter 'G:'
    ControlSend("dBpoweramp CD Ripper","","[CLASSNN:ComboBox7; INSTANCE:7]","G")
    ;Wait 2 seconds
    Sleep(2000)
    ;
    ;Launch fourth instance, wait for the app to launch, and place the window in the bottom right corner (630, 500) with window size 650x500
    WinMove("[CLASS:*32770]", "", 630, 500, 650, 500)
    ;Selects drive letter 'H:'
    ControlSend("dBpoweramp CD Ripper","","[CLASSNN:ComboBox7; INSTANCE:7]","H")

Re: Launch multiple instances of CD Ripper using multiple CD Rom Drives, scripted.

Should mention that if you do compile an .exe, you may have to adjust windows defender to not eat your .exe, as it isn't sure if it is a threat or not.