title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: I want to re-rip my cd collection but use the current metadata/tags

I want to re-rip my cd collection but use the current metadata/tags

hi all,

So I ripped my collection a while back (classical and jazz mainly) and it had some faults in it - rips were not of good quality. But I spent A LOT of time on the metadata and tags etc - and I have them exactly the way I want them.

Is is it possible somehow "import" the metadata from the original rips so I can apply them to the new version of the same cds? I am loathed to do it all again as it took me ages to go through each one and get it right.

Some context: I did first rip with apple macs. Now I bought a ASUS BW 16D1HT - so hoping for a better result.

Thanks,

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: I want to re-rip my cd collection but use the current metadata/tags

not with dbpa as far as I know. But you can with "mp3tag" (works with FLAC, etc. not just mp3). Load up old files, in album/track order. Then load new rips in SAME album/track order. Select all the old files. Then RIGHT CLICK and select "tag copy". Then select all the new files, RIGHT CLICK and select "tag paste". Your new rips will now contain the same metadata as your old files.
    Last edited by garym; 02-19-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Re: I want to re-rip my cd collection but use the current metadata/tags

Great - thanks a lot. I will try that.