title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD ripper is not inlcuding meta data

CD ripper is not inlcuding meta data

just downloaded trial version of 2023 Ripper – NO meta data.
    On second try, I entered some tags manually before ripping, but that can’t always be necessary. I know the data exist, presumably on the CD (local band, professionally produced CD but data probably not on the Internet), because when I ripped the same CD using jRiver Media Center the ripped tracks had all the basic tags (album, artist and track names, duration, and more).
    Any help appreciated. I left settings default, and don’t see anything obvious to change.
    Using Windows 10, CD tracks are .cda, encoder FLAC.
    Thank you!

p.s. I prefer not to rip with jRiver, for one thing, it’s needlessly difficult to rip CDs and NOT have the music inserted into jRiver’s music library,.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD ripper is not inlcuding meta data

Normally metadata is all automatically provided. In the settings (green menu item at top right) have you ticked the various metadata providers to make them active? If so, and still not working, I wonder if something is blocking your internet connection to the metadata sites (could be your anti-virus program or firewall?).