title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Location of configuration data on a synology set up

Location of configuration data on a synology set up

Hi all,

I've just bought and installed Asset UPNP 7.2 on my synology DS918+. It's scanning my 5000 albums.

I juste saw that the configuration data is stored on /volume1 (old school mechanical hard disks on my NAS)

I would like to know if it possible to move it to another location (SSD) ?

Will performance benefits of configuration files stored on SSD ?

Thanks in advance.

Laurent

Super Moderator

Re: Location of configuration data on a synology set up

Asset gets the data location (app's home folder) from Synology operating system.
    There doesn't seem to be a legitimate option to move it between volumes, at least it is not showing up on my own NAS. Though internet search results seem to indicate that people have successfully done this manually, via SSH commands.
    I would personally not bother moving it between volumes, unless performance issues are apparent (slow browsing, slow loading of album covers).
    For reference, I run Asset on various rather slow NAS devices, all having spinning disks, and only slowdown I observe is from HDD wakeup if the device has been idle for a long time.

Re: Location of configuration data on a synology set up

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I'm currently customizing the browse tree, with no visible performance impact.

I will follow you advice.