title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Newbie Alert!

Smile Newbie Alert!

Hi everyone, Jane here. I'm new.
    I've looking for a good app to organize and play my music. A friend recommended MusicBee.
    But I'm having difficulty understanding the interface and organizing my music.
    I've tried searching on YT but still can't get the hang of it. Please can anyone recommend any more accessible apps to me?

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Newbie Alert!

What computer do you want this player/server to reside on? A PC, a Mac, or ???. Also, where are the music files located? Same computer?

Hello. A pc.. I use an ASUS notebook and the music files are located on my computer as well. Is it possible for Musicbee to play/organize music from an external hard drive without using storage on my computer too?

dBpoweramp Guru

I've not used musicbee. I use foobar2000 on my PC (although I suspect it may be more confusing than musicbee, at least initially). In your case, with almost any player, you can connect a portable USB drive containing your music files to your notebook. This USB drive will then have a letter (e.g., D:\ or E:\). Then in your music program you point to that drive (e.g., D:\) to tell it where your music files are stored.

For foobar2000, it can be downloaded here.
    https://www.foobar2000.org/download

Once installed, in the foobar2000 menu, select "Library" then "configure" then "add" to browse to your your external drive containing your music files. Then click "OK" at the bottom of that Library screen. The program will then scan for your music files and they will then be available to play via your PC.

Oh, thanks a lot...I decided to download this https://www.foobar2000.org/download snd I found that it was way easier to understand. Thanks for the instructions...they helped