title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Track and CD naming

Track and CD naming

Hi
    I have zoneripper with windows home server and Asset UPnP V4 but recently when I try and rip a CD it returns the CD without ripping, if I immediately put the CD back in it rips but records all album and track data as unknown. I have had the server for several years now and it has been impeccable until recently. Can anyone help please.
    Regards
    John

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Track and CD naming

Hey John,

ZoneRipper is not dBpoweramp CD Ripper and not a product of illustrate. So I guess that you are asking the wrong community.

Dat Ei

Thanks for your reply, I am running Asset UPnP version 4 along with dBpoweramp RIPNAS. I was led to believe that these controlled the ripping and data tagging of what has been ripped, have I got that wrong?
    John

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey John,

ok, now I get it and I think I got it wrong. Sorry about that!

Dat Ei

Administrator

I am afraid the external metadata providers have all changed or gone away (AMG, freedb, MusicBrainz). GD3 remains, so there is a chance for ordinary CDs it will find the metadata, but obscure releases it is unlikely to find metadata.

We have no update which can be applied to your system, sorry.

Thank you for your quick response, it's a shame but it still serves the linn DS excellently. If an update becomes available please let me know.
    Kind regards
    John