title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynamic Naming Problems in 17.3

Administrator

Re: Dynamic Naming Problems in 17.3

[IFCOMP]\Various Artists\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc][]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]\[][]\[track] - [title]

There were 4 issues in the previous naming string.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    [IFCOMP]\Various Artists\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc][]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]\[][]\[track] - [title]

There were 4 issues in the previous naming string.
    No, that isn't the string I want. I need the filename to be track number - artist - title.flac for compilations. Non compilatons should be track - title.flac

That is what used to work on the string I have posted.

dBpoweramp Guru

That way?

[IFCOMP]\Various Artists\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc][]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]\[]\[track] - [title][]

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by husker View Post
    No, it doesn't. I'm convinced DBPoweramp isn't doing something correctly. It is creating a folder for each song, and dumping a file named "flac" in the folder. See here:

Attachment 3066Attachment 3067

I think the mask is correct - it shows correctly in the example. But, as you can see from the filename column in the previous post (as well as the pictures above), it isn't actually processing it correctly.
    Something is odd. It is certainly not a general problem with dbpa, as it's not affecting me or users I know, and I suspect there would be hundreds of posts if this was widespread. (You're the first one I've seen reporting this issue.). But obviously, something is wrong in the way dbpa is interacting with your system. But I'm out of ideas to debug. If it was me, I'd uninstall dbpa completely, then reinstall it and see if that solves the problem. See this info for true "clean" uninstall:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    That way?

[IFCOMP]\Various Artists\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc][]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]\[]\[track] - [title][]

Dat Ei

this produces his desired outcome for me. (but very strange that his system is instead creating a "directory" with the file name info and then within that directory creating a file called "flac" that is not an actual flac file. It may have something to do with his CD ripper settings, but can't imagine what it would be. Maybe the setting related to creating a temp file (can't recall what that option is, and can't check at the moment as don't have drive connected).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I totally uninstalled DBPoweramp per the instructions, removed registry, etc. and reinstalled. Still, the problem remained.

I went through Dat Ei mask character by character, and I found one character difference. I copied his, and it works. I have no idea what the original problem was, as I've used that mask for years, but it is now resolved.

Thank you all for helping.

Thought I would jump in here instead of creating a new thread - I'm having exactly the same issue with bad file naming and a different directory for each ripped track. I've been using the same dynamic naming string on version 15.x and 16.x. I decided to upgrade to 17.3, which caused the exact same issue which I hadn't ever seen before.
    My dynamic naming string is:
    [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[[year]] [album]\[IFMULTI] Disc [disc] – [][track] – [artist] – [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[[year]] [album]\[IFMULTI] Disc [disc] – [][track] – [title][]
    Which looks fine when displayed in the example:
    Album Artist\[2011 08 12] Album Title\05 – Title
    But in reality when run comes out as (for example):
    \ Uprise\13 – Nemesea – If You Could [Acoustic Version][]Nemesea\ Uprise\13 – If You Could [Acoustic Version][].mp3
    Turns out while I was checking data to post this reply, the problem was that the logic didn't account for the variable "year" being empty.
    I fixed that and it worked perfectly. Glad this post was here because it made me check exactly what I was doing!