title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tag caching only partially remembered

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yamou
    • Feb 2021

Tag caching only partially remembered

I spent a lot of time prepping my 200 cds ahead for batch ripping. I included custom and existing tags such as Country, UPC, Label, Genre, Label, Catalog *, Conductor, Chorus,...

I assumed CD Ripper would save all these in cache so I could batch rip without having to check the tags.

Now what I am finding out is that the information is retained only for a little less than the last 100 CDs. For the first 100 or so, It refecthes the data from perfectmeta, as if they had never gone through CD Ripper.

- Is there a way to recover the previously cached info for the other first 100 CDs?
    - Is there a size limitation for caching CD tags and a way to increase that?
    - Can I import tags from a CD that I already ripped with dbPoweramp that I want to re-rip but the caching is now lost?

For comparison, I used CueRipper before and it retains all tag info for all CDs I have used with it, and even different versions.
    Last edited by yamou; 02-06-2021, 10:19 PM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Tag caching only partially remembered

Originally posted by yamou
    I spent a lot of time prepping my 200 cds ahead for batch ripping. I included custom and existing tags such as Country, UPC, Label, Genre, Label, Catalog *, Conductor, Chorus,...

I assumed CD Ripper would save all these in cache so I could batch rip without having to check the tags.

Now what I am finding out is that the information is retained only for a little less than the last 100 CDs. For the first 100 or so, It refecthes the data from perfectmeta, as if they had never gone through CD Ripper.

- Is there a way to recover the previously cached info for the other first 100 CDs?
    - Is there a size limitation for caching CD tags and a way to increase that?
    - Can I import tags from a CD that I already ripped with dbPoweramp that I want to re-rip but the caching is now lost?

For comparison, I used CueRipper before and it retains all tag info for all CDs I have used with it, and even different versions.

As you've discovered, the cache is not a permanent (or extremely large) storage for info. I don't know whether size is a setting (if it is, I've never seen such an option). Regarding, "Can I import tags from a CD that I already ripped with dbPoweramp that I want to re-rip but the caching is now lost?" Not with dbpoweramp (I don't think), but easy to do with mp3tag (works with almost all codecs). Load up a set of albums/tracks, then load up a second set of albums/tracks (in same order). With a mouse click or two, you can copy all the tags and tag content from the first set of files and then paste them into the second set of files. I've done this and it works well.

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

For the cache setting go to:
      CD Ripper > Menu > Active Providers > Settings > dBpoweramp Cache

Maximum Cache Size limit is 2048 MB.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mville
        For the cache setting go to:
        CD Ripper > Menu > Active Providers > Settings > dBpoweramp Cache

Maximum Cache Size limit is 2048 MB.
        Thanks. never noticed that before (not that I ever really needed a larger cache). Mine was at 200 by default.

Comment

• yamou
          • Feb 2021

Thanks both for your quick answers. @garym; will try mp3tag. @mville: Checked the cache was 200mb as default. So I increased it to the max as space is not an issue. Could be helpful to other users to add it to add it the user guides.

Comment

Working...

]]>