title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Possibility to do Tag Mapping to 'raw' ID3 values? + Question about lyrics

Possibility to do Tag Mapping to 'raw' ID3 values? + Question about lyrics

So, I'm wondering if it's possible to do tag mapping based on the ID3 values instead of based on what dBpoweramp thinks a tag should be.

An example: I have flac files that contain the Vorbis comment 'DISCSUBTITLE' and I want to map that to the ID3 tag 'TSST'. But entering 'TSST' in the tag mapping creates a TXXX tag with the name TSST instead of an actual TSST tag.
    And there are a few more like that.

Semi-related bonus question: I have files that contain syncronized lyrics in the Vorbis comment 'LYRICS'. dBpowermap maps it to the ID3 tag 'USLT' for unsynced lyrics, but I want it to map to SYLT for synced lyrics. How do to that?

Administrator

Re: Possibility to do Tag Mapping to 'raw' ID3 values? + Question about lyrics

You would have to use the ID Tag processing effect to map DISCSUBTITLE to 'Set subtitle'. To find the name expected by the mp3 tagger, look at an existing mp3 file with the tags already to find the name.

Synchronized lyrics are not supported because it requires timestamps for each phrase in the song and is inserted that way into the tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would have to use the ID Tag processing effect to map DISCSUBTITLE to 'Set subtitle'. To find the name expected by the mp3 tagger, look at an existing mp3 file with the tags already to find the name.
    I see... So it is available, but I didn't know the name. Isn't there some list available somewhere with what tag maps to what (dBpoweramp) name? I don't have any existing mp3 files with the specific tags I'm looking for, since everything I have is flac...

Nevertheless, I think it'd be neat to be able to directly enter the ID3 tag id instead of guessing the required name, but I suppose that's more of a feature request then. Besides, if there's some list available it might not even be necessary (assuming all official ID3 tags are accounted for of course, *cough* SYLT *cough* haha ).

Synchronized lyrics are not supported because it requires timestamps for each phrase in the song and is inserted that way into the tags.
    I don't quite understand what you mean here. As far as I understand (though granted, I don't know an awful lot on this subject) the USTL/SYLT tags are similar, except for the fact that any application reading the tags would expect a different text format for the SYLT one. But at the end of the day, they are both simply text right? Whether you write it to USLT or SYLT doesn't make a difference from a technical standpoint? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Administrator

You are best to install mp3tag and write the field you want, then see how it presents in dBpoweramp.

We have no mapping at all for sync lyrics.

We have no mapping at all for sync lyrics.
    That's quite a bummer. :(
    Why not? Seems like a trivial change to at least support being able to move/map from one tag to SYLT.