title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Naming Field - Dynamic Naming

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pend1711
    • Jan 2015

Naming Field - Dynamic Naming

Really confused - I must be missing the plot here - it surely cannot be this complicated.

I want to rip a CD so it procuces a folder called Artist - Album and then in the folder each track numbered - 01 track name.

Do I just overtype the current Dynamic Name which is [MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[album][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[track] [artist] - [title][]

If so what do I enter.

Thanks for any help
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Naming Field - Dynamic Naming

Originally posted by pend1711
    Really confused - I must be missing the plot here - it surely cannot be this complicated.

I want to rip a CD so it procuces a folder called Artist - Album and then in the folder each track numbered - 01 track name.

Do I just overtype the current Dynamic Name which is [MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[album][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[track] [artist] - [title][]

If so what do I enter.

Thanks for any help
    copy and paste this into the dynamic name area and it should do what you want. I've also made it automatically add the disc number in front of the track number (only if there are two or more disks in the album). I've also set it to automatically handle "compilations" or "Various Artist" sets, if you have any of those (i.e., COMPILATION = 1). I call the folder "Compilations" but some change this to "Various Artists". It's not overly complicated, just coding using the rules set forth in the dynamic naming info (click on the little circle with a ? in that page to access the help page). Have fun!

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc].[][track] [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][] - [album]\[IFMULTI][disc].[][track] - [title][][]

Comment

• pend1711
      • Jan 2015

Thank you - spot on. I cannot believe how complicated it is but will check out the help pages as recommended to see if I can lean something.

Thanks again.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Great. Have fun.

Comment

• Supernaut
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2020

Originally posted by pend1711
          Thank you - spot on. I cannot believe how complicated it is but will check out the help pages as recommended to see if I can lean something.
          I would be completely lost if not for the help of garym and the other forum members. I've been back and forth with questions for over a month now, and have only just got things set up the way I want them.

By the way, here's another naming string based on one that garym suggested when I started. It will do what I think you wanted; create folders for Artist/Album and then have each track numbered - 01/track name. For compilations, it will also include the Artist in the file name (which can easily be removed from the string if you don't want it). It will also put multi-disc CDs into separate sub folders, labelled Dicc 1, Disc 2, etc.

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Various Artists\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

Hope this helps!

Comment

• pend1711
            • Jan 2015

Thanks - had the software for a while bet never used it to rip cd's. Tried it last week and it sounded like the resukt was better than my previous rips. Very happy and ripping away.

Comment

Working...

]]>