title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Qnap UPnP V7.2 Shows As V4.2 When Opened

Qnap UPnP V7.2 Shows As V4.2 When Opened

Trialled version 4.2 when it was available but never purchased, have finally got fedup with Twonky so decided to trial V7.2.

I uninstalled V4.2 and installed V7.2 but have some odd behaviour I hope someone can help me with.

In "My Apps" it shows Asset 7.2 but when I open it it shows the config page for V4.2?

If I turn off the asset in "My Apps" and turn back on it shows the V7.2 config page.

This behaviour happens each time the NAS is restarted, which is everyday as its set to auto shutdown and restart overnight.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the behaviour persists, reluctant to update NAS firmware unless I can be confident it will fix the problem.

Any ideas/help much appreciated.

NAS = TS412 using firmware 4.1.4

Administrator

Re: Qnap UPnP V7.2 Shows As V4.2 When Opened

Are you certain you not have 2 versions installed? try uninstalling, if you can still access after uninstalling then you have another.

I can only see one instance of the asset icon in the apps section and that is in "My Apps" and shows it as being V7.2. When I select the open option (immediately after the NAS has booted) I get the V4.2 config page until I close and reopen the asset. I assume any other installation would show as another icon separately somewhere in one the apps sections and not anywhere else?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator

Have you tried doing full reboot of the NAS? Perhaps some bug in the old version caused it not to die when uninstalling, and now it's blocking the new version from presenting its web interface.

Also, stopping then restarting Asset using QNAP control panel should kill all stuck processes from the old version, without the need to reboot the NAS.
    Last edited by PeterP; 02-02-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Thanks to PeterP and Spoon for the help.
    A hardware reset did not work but I have now resolved the issue but don't know what caused it. I think it may have been something to do with Test8 being installed back when I installed Asset v4.2 and the uninstall routines not fully removing all installation files. I manually removed all traces of the Asset and Test8 installation and re-installled Asset v7.2 and all now seems to be OK.