title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Resize Window for Manual Meta Review

Resize Window for Manual Meta Review

Hey All,

I'm using a 55 inch TV as my computer monitor. When I open the manual meta review in the CD ripper, it opens almost completely full screen and I can't find a way to resize the window.
    Any ideas on how to make this window smaller please?

thanks,
    Jeremy

Administrator

Re: Resize Window for Manual Meta Review

Sorry these windows cannot be resized.

Thanks for the fast reply Spoon - that's a shame. Is that something you could please create a ticket for to be added at a later date?

Quote Originally Posted by kryten100 View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Televisions and monitors are 2 different things and it depends on the operating system to support them, not the applications.

umm, you might want to rethink that statement as it's not accurate. An application window defaulting to almost full screen with no option to resize these days is just asking for trouble - and for content creators who need and work with lots of monitor real estate it is very frustrating.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey jcur0806,

you wrote, that the metadata review dialog opens almost completely full screen. So you can see it completely? If so, I don't understand the problem. Within dBpoweramp the dialog is a modal dialog, that means, that you have to close the dialog by "Ok" or "Cancel" to use other functions of dBpoweramp. The dialog doesn't cover any other controls within dBpoweramp, which you might want to actuate or which you can actuate. Within the OS surface you still can switch between the tasks by clicking the icons in the taskbar or pressing Ctrl + Tab. So let me understand the use case of a smaller dialog, please.

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Hey jcur0806,

you wrote, that the metadata review dialog opens almost completely full screen. So you can see it completely? If so, I don't understand the problem. Within dBpoweramp the dialog is a modal dialog, that means, that you have to close the dialog by "Ok" or "Cancel" to use other functions of dBpoweramp. The dialog doesn't cover any other controls within dBpoweramp, which you might want to actuate or which you can actuate. Within the OS surface you still can switch between the tasks by clicking the icons in the taskbar or pressing Ctrl + Tab. So let me understand the use case of a smaller dialog, please.

Dat Ei

The use case is that because the modal pop up goes full screen, I can't see all the information without straining my head up/down left/right. 55 inches is a LOT of real estate and having the modal open full screen makes for a heck of a lot of extra white space that is simply not needed.

I'd like to be able to make the window smaller so that I can read all the information on it. In exactly the same way that I don't use chrome full screen, but in a smaller window which takes up about 1/4 of my screen and positioned in front of my eyes.

When the modal goes full screen, a large part of it sits outside of my field of view. Do you have a 55 inch (or larger) TV at home? Try sitting 60cm (23inches) away from it, with your eyes about 1/3 up from the bottom of the lower bezel. Imagine all the meta data sitting in the far left and right corners up the top of the screen.

This is the only program on my computer that I've had an issue with not being able to make a window smaller. Hence why I thought I would ask the question as it's unusual behaviour.

4k 55inch screen.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey jcur0806,

Quote Originally Posted by jcur0806 View Post
    Do you have a 55 inch (or larger) TV at home? Try sitting 60cm (23inches) away from it, with your eyes about 1/3 up from the bottom of the lower bezel.
    I have a 50 inch TV at home, but I would never have the idea to use it as a computer display and to sit only 60cm in front of it. That is the main fault in the ergonomics of your workstation. Every occupational physician would tell you so. How do I know? After more than 40 years in front of computers I have a implant in my cervical spine since autumn 2019. So instead of blaming the software (dialogs with fixed size are not an unusual behaviour) you better rethink your setup and workstation in general, if you would like to avoid such a surgery. This hint is well-intentioned.

Dat Ei
    Last edited by Dat Ei; 02-04-2021 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Hey jcur0806,

I have a 50 inch TV at home, but I would never have the idea to use it as a computer display and to sit only 60cm in front of it. That is the main fault in the ergonomics of your workstation. Every occupational physician would tell you so. How do I know? After more than 40 years in front of computers I have a implant in my cervical spine since autumn 2019. So instead of blaming the software (dialogs with fixed size are not an unusual behaviour) you better rethink your setup and workstation in general, if you would like to avoid such a surgery. This hint is well-intentioned.

Dat Ei

Dialogues with fixed sizes are certainly very common, your statement is correct. Having them automatically blow up as a fixed 95% of a screen without the option of changing the size of them is poor design.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I am a content creator. Predominantly music scoring and video editing. Working with an orchestral score in Sibelius on a screen my size is phenomenal. Having a massive screen that allows me to call the shots from 5 or more video angles playing all at once is a game changer.

Multi-monitor setups have been common for at least the last 15 or so years (think everything from gaming to trading to using two monitors at work... your laptop screen and an external monitor). Large screens have been in common use for at least the last 5 years. My first 43 inch monitor was a Korean import in 2015. Do a google search for "TV as a computer monitor". Check out this non TV gaming monitor as one example: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AU/conten...es/predatorcg7

The only time I have an issue with neck strain is when using dBpoweramp and that is why I asked Spoon if it was possible to create a fix for this.

If the windows can't be resized, @spoon - for a future release, can you please create a ticket to set a simple parameter in the modal box limiting the maximum size it can go?

Dialogues with fixed sizes are certainly very common, your statement is correct. Having them automatically blow up as a fixed 95% of a screen size without the option of changing the size of them is poor design.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I am a content creator. Predominantly music scoring and video editing. Working with an orchestral score in Sibelius on a screen my size is phenomenal. Having a massive screen that allows me to call the shots from 5 or more video angles playing all at once is a game changer.

Multi-monitor setups have been common for at least the last 15 or so years (think everything from gaming to trading to using two monitors at work... your laptop screen and an external monitor). Large screens have been in common use for at least the last 5 years. My first 43 inch monitor was a Korean import in 2015. Do a google search for "TV as a computer monitor". Check out this non TV gaming monitor as one example: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AU/conten...es/predatorcg7

The only time I have an issue with neck strain is when using dBpoweramp and that is why I asked Spoon if it was possible to create a fix for this.

If the windows can't be resized, @spoon - for a future release, can you please create a ticket to set a simple parameter in the modal box limiting the maximum size it can go?