title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA Issues While Converting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • consgnment@cox.
    • Aug 2008

WMA Issues While Converting

Hello

I cant seem to see or convert any WMA files nor have I been able to install the WMA code properly

I donwloaded the Windows WMA code installer (dBpoweramp-Codec-WMA10Pro.exe) and I am running a registered version of dBPowerAmp (dMC-R13.5-Ref-Registered.exe).
    The dbpowerAmp I downloaded installed into the program_files(x86) directory, while the WMA codec installs to the "program files"\ directory. I get the following error while attempting to run the WMA10Pro.exe

"Error Whilst running dbPowerAmp\dbconfig.exe

I have tried unstalling and re-installing a couple of times. Any help would be appreciated
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: WMA Issues While Converting

Originally posted by consgnment@cox.
    Hello

I cant seem to see or convert any WMA files nor have I been able to install the WMA code properly

I donwloaded the Windows WMA code installer (dBpoweramp-Codec-WMA10Pro.exe) and I am running a registered version of dBPowerAmp (dMC-R13.5-Ref-Registered.exe).
    The dbpowerAmp I downloaded installed into the program_files(x86) directory, while the WMA codec installs to the "program files"\ directory. I get the following error while attempting to run the WMA10Pro.exe

"Error Whilst running dbPowerAmp\dbconfig.exe

I have tried unstalling and re-installing a couple of times. Any help would be appreciated
    Could it be that the WMA codec is 64bit which you are trying to use with a 32bit version of dBpowerAmp?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

You need to uninstall dBpoweramp, and install the 64 bit version of it.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• consgnment@cox.
        • Aug 2008

I am not given an opportunity to specify 64 or 32 bit versions when I am downloading via "Registration Retrieval". The version I am registered for is dBpoweramp Reference R13.5. Is that not available in 64 bit versions?

Please advise

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Run this:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Then reinstall.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• consgnment@cox.
            • Aug 2008

Spoon

thanks for that answer. However how do I know the version I downloaded (s dBpoweramp Reference R13.5.) is even for a 64 bit OS?. When I try and re-install, I do get a prompt for an install directory, but it never ask what OS I am using

Thanks Again
            Paul

Comment

• consgnment@cox.
              • Aug 2008

Ok Cool

I was able to get everything to install without issue including the WMA codec(dBpoweramp-Codec-WMA10Pro.exe). However I am still not able to view or convert any WMA files in my library. I am sure I am close, just need help figuring that out

I've visited Codec Central and it says WMA codec is already included in dbPower and there is no hotlink to download the CODEC.. I am really confused at this point and feel like there is no solution to the issue I am seeing. I just want to convert WMA files into MP3 and everything Ive tried so far has been a failure

thanks in advance on this difficult issuue

paul
              Last edited by consgnment@cox.; 02-07-2021, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

WMA is included as standard with R17 and works out of the box, the issue could be you are using a version of dBpoweramp which is over 10 years old...and there is a miss match of 32 and 64 bit install.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>