title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Older version of DBPoweramp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atulgarg
    • Jan 2021

Older version of DBPoweramp

I have a version of DBPoweramp (several years) which I had used to digitize my cds and DVDs. This does not read the newer cds anymore. Will upgrading the software help?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Older version of DBPoweramp

Originally posted by atulgarg
    I have a version of DBPoweramp (several years) which I had used to digitize my cds and DVDs. This does not read the newer cds anymore. Will upgrading the software help?

No. There must be something else wrong with the setup, your computer, your drive or something. A newly released CD is not different from a CD from 25 years ago, and any dbpa that is working will rip such a CD. Be more speciffic of the error you're getting. What does the ripping log say?

Comment

• schmidj
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2013

Gary and Atulgarg:

I'm suspicious the issue isn't reading the CDs but is obtaining the tag data, due to the discontinuance, changes in the old tag metadata sources. Typically, he may see the program hang as it attempts to obtain the nonexistent tag data now obtained through new links, etc. Suggest that you go to the configuration tab (I forget where it used to be) and unclick the check marks for all the outside providers. Then see if it is able to rip (of course with no metadata...) If that is the case, you'd be best off to upgrade to the current version, which has updated metadata providers as well as many other fixes, improvements.

Comment

• atulgarg
        • Jan 2021

Thank you both for your inputs. I tried a few things - 1) inserted one of the older cds that I have already converted and this worked fine so both hardware and software are fine, 2) I tried what Schmidj suggested but the program still did not recognize the cd; 3)I shut DBPoweramp and tried playing the CD using JRiver media player but no luck. The CD works fine in regular players but for some reason is not being read by my laptop. So at this point, I cannot digitize this CD. Thanks very much for both of your help. Have a great weekend!!!

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Maybe that CD is copy protected? Which CD is it and when has it been released?

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

So it's a specific CD, and other CDs can be ripped just fine? Seems this is true. So Dat Ei's point is probably the issue.

Comment

Working...

]]>