title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ERROR AR Insecure _ But plays fine?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Techybec
    • Jan 2021

ERROR AR Insecure _ But plays fine?

Hi Guys, I'm really new and have just started ripping with the trial version. Ive read through the set up page and changed settings. I have no idea if my player is C2 supported - I don't have a CD to draw black marker on and I was a bit confused and lost about that part of the instructions. Ive only tried 1 CD and all tracks rip good except the first one. The CD plays fine - What do you do if you have a CD that plays fine but comes up with errors?

I want to get this right and buy the full program because I have 2000 original CD's to rip! And some DVD and Blue Ray Discs - is there a program in this bundle to rip DVD/BR discs?
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: ERROR AR Insecure _ But plays fine?

Hey Techybec,

you better uncheck C2 error pointers if you are not sure that your drive supports those. C2 can cause more problems than it solves and C2 is not neccessary to get accurate rips.

An error free, non skipping playback of a CD in an Audio CD Drive of your Hifi system is no criterion for an error free CD that you can rip accurately. Audio CD drive interpolate data if they detect errors. This can happen inaudible. Accurate Rip would detect that error and tell you so. On the other hand if you rip a CD not accurate that does not mean automatically that you will any errors when you play back those files.

And no, there is no program within dBpoweramp for ripping DVDs and BluRays.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Techybec
      • Jan 2021

Originally posted by Dat Ei
      Hey Techybec,

you better uncheck C2 error pointers if you are not sure that your drive supports those. C2 can cause more problems than it solves and C2 is not neccessary to get accurate rips.

An error free, non skipping playback of a CD in an Audio CD Drive of your Hifi system is no criterion for an error free CD that you can rip accurately. Audio CD drive interpolate data if they detect errors. This can happen inaudible. Accurate Rip would detect that error and tell you so. On the other hand if you rip a CD not accurate that does not mean automatically that you will any errors when you play back those files.

And no, there is no program within dBpoweramp for ripping DVDs and BluRays.

Dat Ei
      Thanks Dat Ei,
      I’ll uncheck the C2 pointers tomorrow when I have some more time to play with it.
      So what do you guys do if you have a CD where a track or two are branded ‘insecure’? Do you keep them, does it matter? Can you fix it?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Techybec
        Thanks Dat Ei,
        I&*8217;ll uncheck the C2 pointers tomorrow when I have some more time to play with it.
        So what do you guys do if you have a CD where a track or two are branded &*8216;insecure&*8217;? Do you keep them, does it matter? Can you fix it?
        I clean the CD, and try again (sometimes works). I try a different optical drive for ripping (often works, and these can be any random cheap drive too). If all else fails, I listen to the song and see if there is an audible problem. Typically there is not. This is because you get "insecure" even if a handful of frames has a problem. But a single frame is only a fraction, of a fraction of a fraction of a second (that is, inaudible to human beings!). If no audible problem, then I just move on, having gotten the best rip I can get.

Comment

Working...

]]>