title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Deleted external hard drive name on MacBook Pro

Deleted external hard drive name on MacBook Pro

Hi. I'm hoping to get a little assistance with a problem I'm having with the Converter.

I'd been saving converted files to an external hard drive with no issues until I accidentally deleted the hard drive name. I did rename the drive with the same name as before.

I have reinstalled the dBPoweramp software. I have tried over the past two days to get this working again, but to no avail.

I can save files to the internal hard drive and to the desktop with no issues however, when attempting to save to the path designated within the external hard drive an error displays stating that the process is "unable to create an output folder" and that the drive doesn't exist.

Thanks in advance...

Anthony Tyler

Administrator

Re: Deleted external hard drive name on MacBook Pro

You have to browse to the drive using finder.

Spoon - thank you for your reply.

That's actually what I've been doing and it doesn't put any of the converted files on that hard drive like it did before the accidental name change.

Administrator

On the error page is a 'Copy to clipboard' button, click it and paste the error here please.

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'Desktop/WYLG - Session 72 - 2021.flac' to '/Volumes/Music Production/When You Let Go - 2020 - 2021 - CD Files/When You Let Go (2021)(MP3s)/WYLG - Session 72 - 2021.mp3'
    Error: Unable to create output folder '/Volumes/Music Production/When You Let Go - 2020 - 2021 - CD Files/When You Let Go (2021)(MP3s)/' : No such file or directory (errno:2) [dBCoreConverter]

Thank you again, Spoon.

Administrator

Either your drive is mounted as read only (no writing), or it is not mounted as 'Music Production'

The drive is Read & Write and it's mounted properly.

I don't know if it matters, but I have several other programs - either for ripping or conversion - and all of them work fine. I'll continue to mess with it over the weekend.

Thank you for your help, Spoon. I appreciate it.

Anthony

Spoon...

I couldn't wait for the weekend to mess with it...

Here's what was wrong - There was a space before the named of the drive. I removed the space and all is well. Back in working order.

Thank you again.

Anthony