title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Evaluating dbpoweramp on Mac

Evaluating dbpoweramp on Mac

Hello. Just evaluating DBPoweramp on mac (normally use XLD). I am struggling through a different interface which is fine because you get used to things. However I'd like to know how some bits work or doesn't.

Firstly I have set the "Path" to a different folder but for some reason it is still ripping to Music. Secondly the default naming (which I don't quite understand yet) looks like it rips to "Album Artist/Album Title/etc but it is still ripping into the high level music folder without creating or adding to a folder that sorts ino Artist/Album

Also the perfect tag thing will be a game changer for me if it works well. For example the first disc I tried to rip was a 2018 Super deluxe edition of the White album (aka The Beatles). It was fantastic that it picked up different metadata and I was able to pick the titles that said 2018 Remix, which I would prefer having 2 other versions.

However the metadata returned gave me the option of the 2 disk or 3 disc version whereas I have the super deluxe (6 06 7 disc depending as to whether you count the blu-ray). I know that on other services I have been given the option. Am I missing something there?

As I say, I love the perfect tag. Could stop a large amount of effort and it presents great options. If ever you want to develop further then being able to output the multi encoders to different folders would also be fabulous. Currently I rip lots in Flac and MP3 then spend ages moving them to different directories> That is where the effort lies

Cheers

Administrator

Re: Evaluating dbpoweramp on Mac

Ripping to Multi Encoder? 2 encoders at the same time? the naming and path would be on each encoder page.

Re: Evaluating dbpoweramp on Mac

Thats brilliant. didn't see that option