title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Evaluation Questions

Evaluation Questions

Hi I have downloaded an evaluation copy (unregistered) pf PerfectTunes and was looking at the possibilities for my rather large NAS collection of music and also considering whether to use dBpoweramp. Both on a MAC. I have a few questions

Does Perfect tunes have to "listen" to the library foe every feature run? I ask because I did it for Acurate Rip then I had to do it again for ID tags and it seemed to want to do it again for De-Dup. I cancelled that and went back to accurate rip and it is listening again. As the preferences are greyed out I am not sure where the database is caching to see if that is the issue

Accurate Rip. Is there an issue with eading lists from a NAS? I ask because the response from the first run was some 90,000 corrupted files. Sample checking a few of these and they happily play. Also most of the tracks were ripped with an app that queried Accurate Rip and returned clean results.

With the ID3 Tagging I really like the idea (not tested yet) of PerfectMeta but wonder why this isn't an option on PerfectTunes bearing in mind that the Listening is generating an acoustic fingerprint. It seems a missed opportunity that I cant query existing rips against Discogs, etc to clean any tagging. Having ripped hundreds of discs I am not looking to start again

Hope that makes sense

Re: Evaluation Questions

I also forgot to mention that there were some things that Accurate Rip said it cannot check as it was an incomplete album. Does that mean that it wasn't checking the tracks that are in the library?

Administrator

Re: Evaluation Questions

It should cache previously listened to tracks.

Which file type is it saying are corrupted? FLAC?

To lookup tracks in AccurateRip, they have form an album and all the tracks have to be present.