title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper crashes and then won't launch again without uninstall - reinstall.

CD Ripper crashes and then won't launch again without uninstall - reinstall.

I just got the free trial of dbpoweramp reference with the intention to buy it if it works for me.
    Unfortunately, it is not.

I am running under Windows 10 with an LG external Slim Portable DVD Writer Model SP80NB60 drive.

The software install went very smoothly, I started CD Ripper, really didn't change anything, and ripperd a music CD.
    The ripping seemed to be going fine, except when I came back to the computer, CD Ripper was no longer up.
    I figured that it finished the rip and shut down (though I thought that a bit odd).

I found the ripped files and they looked ok, so I tried to launch CD Ripper again from the dbpoeramp menu.
    It looked like it was trying to launch because an icon would appear very briefly on my toolbar, but then it would disappear just as fast.

When I tried to launch CD Ripper from the start menu I got a message indicateg that CDGrabber could not be found.

I tried reinstalling but nothing changed.

Finally I unistated dbpoweramo, rebooted my pc, and reinstalled dbpoweramp.
    THen CD Ripper launched again and I ripped a full CD with no problem while I watched.

When I tried to rip another one, however, the same thing happened as the first time.
    Now I'm looking at uninstalling, rebooting and installing again.

I can't look at error logs because I cant get back into the software without uninstalling it.

I really like the program, but it seems very unstable.
    Is there something I am doing wrong?
    Do I need a different drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am anxious to rip my CD collection, and this software seems like the way to do it.

Chris W

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD Ripper crashes and then won't launch again without uninstall - reinstall.

Hey Chris,

which OS and which security software are you using?

Dat Ei

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper crashes and then won't launch again without uninstall - reinstall.

You have something which is removing dBpoweramp from the system. CD Ripper would not remove its self from the computer, only security software might do this.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have something which is removing dBpoweramp from the system. CD Ripper would not remove its self from the computer, only security software might do this.
    In the past on my Win10 machine, my anti-virus software removed the .exe file related to ripping when I tried to rip a CD. I can't recall exactly how I fixed, but it had to do with a setting in my A-V software to allow the dbpa exe files. It might have even been something changed on my employer's virus settings I had to ask for. But once dbpa exe files allowed, it all worked after that.

Thanks everybody for your replies! What you say makes sense.
    I was doing this on my work machine and I can believe that they have some security sw interfering.
    After reading your replies, I tried it on my personal MS Surface and it works beautifully!

Again thanks for your quick responses.

Chris W