title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Virus detected by Virustotal in Asset-synology-trial.spk

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nhs
    • Jan 2021

Virus detected by Virustotal in Asset-synology-trial.spk

Hi folk,

i just downloaded the trial version of Asset UPNP 7.2 for synology DSM6. Two anivirus software gave following alerts:
    The BitDefenderTheta said "Gen:NN.Mirai.34760" and
    the Ikarus said "Trojan.Linux.Tsunami".
    What do u think about that?

... and another question, i am curiously wondering, how can dbpoweramp do it for synology?
    There are serveral processor types (ARM's, x86, ...) used by synology-NAS but there is only one synology asset-UPNP version to download. Can anybody explain how does it work?
    Is asset-UPNP written in python?
    Last edited by nhs; 01-19-2021, 07:48 PM.
  • barkeyo
    • Jan 2021

Re: Virus detected by Virustotal in Asset-synology-trial.spk

Agreed, an interesting situation. Synology DSM6 trial version of Asset R7.2 does indeed give 2 hits on antivirus software -

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Have a read of this whole page:

The following lists security software which is not performing as it should, that is blocking legitimate programs (such as dBpoweramp) from running. There is nothing we can do on our side, we produce legitimate software, virus free for the last 20 years, never once have we supplied a virus, Trojan, spyware with any of our

and see the number of times bitdefender appears...
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• barkeyo
        • Jan 2021

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for the re-direct to your perfectly eloquent and insightful Security Mishaps thread. It's not a thread I'd read prior to posting, so apologies for any misplaced concerns.

Comment

Working...

]]>