title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset Webconfig on Mac…

Asset Webconfig on Mac…

Hi,

Have tried to find info re this but without success, so sorry if it's been covered earlier…

I'm running Asset on a headless MacPro and would like to connect via a browser from other machines. Can't get that to work so would appreciate any assistance. I have a vague recollection the Mac version didn't support that, so if that's the case, well……then problem solved. :-)

Port 26125 seems to be open as I can connect over it, but nothing else happens. I only get a blank screen. Using other ports

All I really need (usually) is to manually trigger a re-scan so if that can be done with a Terminal command I'd just as happy with that.

Thanks for any help!
    /Thomas

Super Moderator

Re: Asset Webconfig on Mac…

Web config feature is disabled when Asset runs with Mac GUI.

It is possible to run with web config enabled - you have to run Asset's command-line service without the GUI; it's located inside the app bundle, under Contents/Resources/bin.

If you're familiar with Linux version of Asset, you'll find that it behaves pretty much exactly like its Linux counterpart, other than using a different folder (~/Library/dBpoweramp instead of ~/.dBpoweramp) for profile data by default.

I'll add an option to enable the web config in Asset GUI in a future update.

Re: Asset Webconfig on Mac…

Hello,

Wow, that worked a treat!! Thanks for such quick and excellent help!!
    Cheers,
    Thomas