title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: DBPoweramp install failing because of file corruption

DBPoweramp install failing because of file corruption

I recently purchased a full version of dBpoweramp, after using the trial successfully for three weeks. When I download the file dmg file using the link in my confirmation email, install it following the instruction to drag the application to the application folder, and then launch it, I get the message:

“dBpoweramp Music Converter” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

I have tried re-downloading the file multiple times with the same result. I have deleted the trial application, as well as the application that didn't install correctly.

I have additionally tried just double clicking on the dBpoweramp icon, (rather than dragging it to the application folder,) and get this similar message: "“dBpoweramp Music Converter” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image."

Please advise how I can get a clean download copy.

Administrator

Re: DBPoweramp install failing because of file corruption

If you disable gatekeeper temporary on OSX then it will install. Seems Yosemite does not like the very latest Apple compiler which we are using.

Super Moderator

Thanks for your feedback.
    What exact version of Mac OS are you using?
    You can determine this by clicking Apple logo in the upper-left corner of your screen, then "About This Mac".

Super Moderator

There appears to be a problem with running latest dBpoweramp applications on old Mac OS versions, specifically OSX Yosemite.

Unfortunately it do doesn't happen on my own install of OSX Yosemite, so not all machines are affected equally - tested same exact build of dBpoweramp that was reported to fail to start.

I assume it has to do with latest development tools producing binaries not fully compatible with old Mac OS (happened before). If these issues recur, we'll fall back to providing separate compile of dBpoweramp for older Macs.

Also, dBpoweramp R16 series should work, if you have a copy.