title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Writing problems in ID Tags

Writing problems in ID Tags

Hello. Several days ago I bought the full version of DBPoweramp for Windows (10). However, I am not able to write at the album level and, if I do it at the track level, the change is only registered there, not in the rest of the album. I have a Surface book and I am working with the music files stored in a Lenovo NAS connected thru wifi. Thx for your future answer, Ricardo

Administrator

Re: Writing problems in ID Tags

Clarify how you are writing the tags, as you have posted in the PerfectTUNES section.

You are using dBpoweramp right click >> Edit ID Tag?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Clarify how you are writing the tags, as you have posted in the PerfectTUNES section.

You are using dBpoweramp right click >> Edit ID Tag?
    I open IDTag and from there I choose a folder from the tree at the left. Once it appears on the right screen I try to fill or change fields at the upper level, where the name of the album and the artist are. However, none of my changes are taken. If I close and reopen the folder nothing is there

Administrator

What audio type are your files? Perhaps PerfectTUNES is unable to write to files, try bringing a folder of tracks to your local PC and edit the tags once locally.

What audio type are your files? Perhaps PerfectTUNES is unable to write to files, try bringing a folder of tracks to your local PC and edit the tags once locally.
    I finally made it. Within the ID Tag program, and in the right screen, I have to select first all of the tracks and then right click. On the new window I am able to change the fields. Unlike what I read in the help pages, I am not able to do in in the upper part of the right screen. If I go there, I can only modify the field track by track. Is it correct like this?. Thx

Administrator

By upper part of the right screen, which tag value are you changing? Artist?

By upper part of the right screen, which tag value are you changing? Artist?
    The changes in Album Artist affect only a track, not the whole album. The same with Artist, but this is logical

Administrator

If you select a track then editing the section at the top only edits for that single track. If no tracks are selected then changing a value changes for all tracks shown.

It finally worked! Perhaps it's more relate with my struggle with screen size and display drivers of the Surface book than with the program. Anyways, controls are responding and the only remaining issue is the size of the icons. they are so tiny, even if I disable DP scaling in the exe file, that it's almost impossible to point at them. Many thanks for your help

Administrator

If you set scaling to 150% then everything shows correctly (not 200%), this 200% issue seems related to the surface book only, I cannot reproduce the issue on Windows 10, set to 200%

At 150% fonts are not legible. Although not easy to read either, I will keep the 200% scale until better available opiton . Thx again, Ricardo

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by sarika87 View Post
    Hello guys,
    ID tags with writing issues may cause misunderstandings and ineffectiveness. Information that is precise and clear is essential for organization and identification. Promptly addressing these problems guarantees smooth communication and efficient use of resources.
    You are replying to a conversation thread from 8 years ago. Do you have a more current and specific request?