title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Track number editing

Track number editing

Is there a way to mass change the track numbers when editing tags? I have CD's ripped prior to getting CD Ripper that are two or more disc sets that I would like to combine into one folder. This entails changing the track numbers for files on 2nd or later discs so that I end up with a continuous track number list. Any suggestions as to how to do it with PerfectTunes?

Steve

Administrator

Re: Track number editing

It is a manual process.

Using the ID3 tag editor module: Too bad you don't have a command that could be entered into the track column when you have a series of files open, like an Excel formula, that would automatically increment the tracks by 1. I've manually edited the track numbers many times, and its a real PIA. Seems like this should be an easy fix for you coders?

dBpoweramp Guru

MP3tag has an auto-numbering feature. Test it on a duplicate set as it may not work quite how you think it will. It's been a while since I used it, but I seem to recall some surprise in how it worked. But it did renumber the tracks of a directory of files in order automatically

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by schmidj View Post
    MP3tag has an auto-numbering feature. Test it on a duplicate set as it may not work quite how you think it will. It's been a while since I used it, but I seem to recall some surprise in how it worked. But it did renumber the tracks of a directory of files in order automatically
    The Wizard in mp3tag was overhauled quite a while ago, and now has a very robust set of options to configure both track and disc numbering. The options include leading zeros, and when to reset the counters for track and disc on specific tags, folders, etc.