title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Embedded Album Art no longer showing

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Embedded Album Art no longer showing

All of a sudden my artwork has stopped showing. The Folder.jpg is still in each folder, and the artwork shows when I right click and go to Edit ID Tags.

The artwork also displays when I play the track, just doesn't show in the folder.

This may or may not be a DBP problem.

Image 1 shows the folder.jpg in the folder, but even though the artwork is embedded (image 2) it doesn't show in the folder.

It shows when the track is played though, image 3.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Embedded Album Art no longer showing

What platform, Windows 10?

Looks like flac files are associated with media player classic on your system, hence the media player classic icon..

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yeah, Windows 10. I have used MPC-HC for a few years now. Unfortunately it stopped being supported in 2017.

This problem has only occurred in the last week or so, possibly after installing Ashampoo Free Burning Software.

I have uninstalled Ashampoo, but the files still won't show the embedded artwork.

dBpoweramp Guru

For me, not seeing embedded artwork icons in File Explorer is not an issue, as long as I see the correct artwork in my audio player(s). My player is foobar2000 and my flac files show the foobar2000 icon in File Explorer.

There is probably a solution to this and if you find it, you are a better man/woman than I.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    For me, not seeing embedded artwork icons in File Explorer is not an issue, as long as I see the correct artwork in my audio player(s). My player is foobar2000 and my flac files show the foobar2000 icon in File Explorer.

There is probably a solution to this and if you find it, you are a better man/woman than I.

same with me. I use Windows 10, but I don't recall my artwork ever showing up as part of the icon of the actual files. But like you, I have my preferences setup to use foobar2000 as the default audio file player, so the icons are the various foobar icons for FLAC, mp3, etc.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The artwork has ALWAYS shown for me, and that's how I like it.

Any fresh ideas anyone please?

A downloaded Program shouldn't be able to change your settings, view etc.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 808beats View Post
    A downloaded Program shouldn't be able to change your settings, view etc.
    Actually, this often happens with music related software, as it sometimes "takes over" with regard to handling of audio files. But sorry, I have no ideas about how to fix. I would google around a bit, as this is not likely a dbpoweramp issue, but a windows file explorer (and Windows itself) issue. Good luck.

Administrator

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Spoon. I changed the Permissions from TrustedInstaller to Administrators, but the following part confused me

For the codecs you want dBpoweramp to take over, I recommend mp3, wave, m4a and flac, right click on an entry such as .wav >> rename, and rename it to ._wav

When you say right-click on an entry, do you mean the mp3 or FLAC file itself?

Administrator

No the registry entry, all the extensions are listed in that view, rename the ones you want to remove from Windows care.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Update : With the help of Spoon I now can see my embedded artwork as I used to be able to.

Many thanks Spoon.

https://i.postimg.cc/ncVVL4Wp/Capture-UBB.png
    Last edited by 808beats; 01-12-2021 at 12:34 PM.