title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ripping problem

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Question Ripping problem

When I rip to FLAC OR 320k, I then copy the files into another folder, and convert down to 128k (for the car).

All of a sudden I am getting errors, see below.

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\01 - Ya Better Bring A Gun - King Tee & Mixmaster Spade With The Compton Posse - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\01 - Ya Better Bring A Gun - King Tee & Mixmaster Spade With The Compton Posse - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\01 - Ya Better Bring A Gun - King Tee & Mixmaster Spade With The Compton Posse - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\03 - This Beat Be Smooth - Toddy Tee Featuring Mixmaster Spade - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\03 - This Beat Be Smooth - Toddy Tee Featuring Mixmaster Spade - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\03 - This Beat Be Smooth - Toddy Tee Featuring Mixmaster Spade - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\02 - Underwater Rimes - Digital Underground - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\02 - Underwater Rimes - Digital Underground - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\02 - Underwater Rimes - Digital Underground - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\04 - N.Y. Rapper - Bobby Jimmy & The Critters - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\04 - N.Y. Rapper - Bobby Jimmy & The Critters - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\04 - N.Y. Rapper - Bobby Jimmy & The Critters - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\05 - My Posse - C.I.A. - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\05 - My Posse - C.I.A. - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\05 - My Posse - C.I.A. - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\06 - 6 In The Mornin' - Ice-T - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\06 - 6 In The Mornin' - Ice-T - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\06 - 6 In The Mornin' - Ice-T - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\07 - Do You Wanna Go To The Liquor Store (And Get An Eightball) - Toddy Tee Featuring Mixmaster Spade - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\07 - Do You Wanna Go To The Liquor Store (And Get An Eightball) - Toddy Tee Featuring Mixmaster Spade - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\07 - Do You Wanna Go To The Liquor Store (And Get An Eightball) - Toddy Tee Featuring Mixmaster Spade - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\08 - Payback's A Mutha - King Tee With D.J. Keith Cooley - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\08 - Payback's A Mutha - King Tee With D.J. Keith Cooley - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\08 - Payback's A Mutha - King Tee With D.J. Keith Cooley - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\09 - What I Like - Two Live Crew - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\09 - What I Like - Two Live Crew - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\09 - What I Like - Two Live Crew - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\10 - All About Money - Kool Rock Jay & DJ Slice - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\10 - All About Money - Kool Rock Jay & DJ Slice - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\10 - All About Money - Kool Rock Jay & DJ Slice - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Also, I have noticed each track ripped has an underscore at the end. Could this be the problem?

Administrator

Re: Ripping problem

Create a folder on the root of drive C:

Converted

Then set the output folder to C:\Converted\

and try again

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I tried that, and it didn't work. The file still has _ at the end, and then won't convert from FLAC to 128k mp3.

The file plays fine though.

Administrator

Take one of your flac files, copy it to the C:\Converted folder, rename it to a.flac then convert it with the output set to 'Existing Source Folder' as selected from the drop menu, does that work?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

That worked Spoon, thanks. Any idea why though?

Also, why has the underscore suddenly started to appear please?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 808beats View Post
    Also, why has the underscore suddenly started to appear please?
    That sometimes happens if one has a stray space or two at the end of the dynamic naming string. Should be NO spaces at the end of the string.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks both, problem now sorted.

Administrator

What was the issue?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I'm not 100% sure Spoon. I did a fresh install of DBP, and the underscores are no longer added to track titles.

dBpoweramp Guru

I'm not 100% sure Spoon. I did a fresh install of DBP, and the underscores are no longer added to track titles.

underscores at end of file names are often caused by a stray space at the end of the dynamic naming string.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    underscores at end of file names are often caused by a stray space at the end of the dynamic naming string.
    Yeah, but I'm usually very careful not to have spaces at the end of titles, artists etc.

dBpoweramp Guru

Yeah, but I'm usually very careful not to have spaces at the end of titles, artists etc.
    You're talking about something entirely different. I'm not talking about spaces in the metadata. I'm talking about a space at the end of the DYNAMIC NAMING STRING (you see this when you click "SET" to the right of the "Naming" row in the lower left side of the CD Ripper screen.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Aah right, now I understand. It's possible I suppose. This is what I prefer

[IFVALUE]album,[album],[IFCOMP]album[][IF!COMP][album][][]\[track] - [title] - [artist] - [album]

but may have inadvertently had a couple of spaces at the end before I did a fresh install.