title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 808beats
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2017

Ripping problem

When I rip to FLAC OR 320k, I then copy the files into another folder, and convert down to 128k (for the car).

All of a sudden I am getting errors, see below.

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\01 - Ya Better Bring A Gun - King Tee & Mixmaster Spade With The Compton Posse - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\01 - Ya Better Bring A Gun - King Tee & Mixmaster Spade With The Compton Posse - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\01 - Ya Better Bring A Gun - King Tee & Mixmaster Spade With The Compton Posse - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\03 - This Beat Be Smooth - Toddy Tee Featuring Mixmaster Spade - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\03 - This Beat Be Smooth - Toddy Tee Featuring Mixmaster Spade - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\03 - This Beat Be Smooth - Toddy Tee Featuring Mixmaster Spade - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\02 - Underwater Rimes - Digital Underground - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\02 - Underwater Rimes - Digital Underground - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\02 - Underwater Rimes - Digital Underground - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\04 - N.Y. Rapper - Bobby Jimmy & The Critters - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\04 - N.Y. Rapper - Bobby Jimmy & The Critters - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\04 - N.Y. Rapper - Bobby Jimmy & The Critters - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\05 - My Posse - C.I.A. - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\05 - My Posse - C.I.A. - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\05 - My Posse - C.I.A. - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\06 - 6 In The Mornin' - Ice-T - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\06 - 6 In The Mornin' - Ice-T - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\06 - 6 In The Mornin' - Ice-T - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\07 - Do You Wanna Go To The Liquor Store (And Get An Eightball) - Toddy Tee Featuring Mixmaster Spade - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\07 - Do You Wanna Go To The Liquor Store (And Get An Eightball) - Toddy Tee Featuring Mixmaster Spade - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\07 - Do You Wanna Go To The Liquor Store (And Get An Eightball) - Toddy Tee Featuring Mixmaster Spade - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\08 - Payback's A Mutha - King Tee With D.J. Keith Cooley - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\08 - Payback's A Mutha - King Tee With D.J. Keith Cooley - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\08 - Payback's A Mutha - King Tee With D.J. Keith Cooley - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\09 - What I Like - Two Live Crew - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\09 - What I Like - Two Live Crew - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\09 - What I Like - Two Live Crew - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\10 - All About Money - Kool Rock Jay & DJ Slice - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.flac' to 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\10 - All About Money - Kool Rock Jay & DJ Slice - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\Phil\Music\Users\Phil\Desktop\128k Desktop\Prime Kuts\Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1\10 - All About Money - Kool Rock Jay & DJ Slice - Prime 'Kuts' Vol. 1__.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Also, I have noticed each track ripped has an underscore at the end. Could this be the problem?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping problem

Create a folder on the root of drive C:

Converted

Then set the output folder to C:\Converted\

and try again
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 808beats
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2017

I tried that, and it didn't work. The file still has _ at the end, and then won't convert from FLAC to 128k mp3.

The file plays fine though.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Take one of your flac files, copy it to the C:\Converted folder, rename it to a.flac then convert it with the output set to 'Existing Source Folder' as selected from the drop menu, does that work?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 808beats
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2017

That worked Spoon, thanks. Any idea why though?

Also, why has the underscore suddenly started to appear please?

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by 808beats
            Also, why has the underscore suddenly started to appear please?
            That sometimes happens if one has a stray space or two at the end of the dynamic naming string. Should be NO spaces at the end of the string.

Comment

• 808beats
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Dec 2017

Thanks both, problem now sorted.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

What was the issue?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• 808beats
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Dec 2017

I'm not 100% sure Spoon. I did a fresh install of DBP, and the underscores are no longer added to track titles.

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

I'm not 100% sure Spoon. I did a fresh install of DBP, and the underscores are no longer added to track titles.

underscores at end of file names are often caused by a stray space at the end of the dynamic naming string.

Comment

• 808beats
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by garym
                      underscores at end of file names are often caused by a stray space at the end of the dynamic naming string.
                      Yeah, but I'm usually very careful not to have spaces at the end of titles, artists etc.

Comment

• garym
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Yeah, but I'm usually very careful not to have spaces at the end of titles, artists etc.
                        You're talking about something entirely different. I'm not talking about spaces in the metadata. I'm talking about a space at the end of the DYNAMIC NAMING STRING (you see this when you click "SET" to the right of the "Naming" row in the lower left side of the CD Ripper screen.

Comment

• 808beats
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Dec 2017

Aah right, now I understand. It's possible I suppose. This is what I prefer

[IFVALUE]album,[album],[IFCOMP]album[][IF!COMP][album][][]\[track] - [title] - [artist] - [album]

but may have inadvertently had a couple of spaces at the end before I did a fresh install.

Comment

Working...

]]>