title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Browse tree in Asset 7.1 Mac

Browse tree in Asset 7.1 Mac

I've just upgraded from 6.4(?) to 7.1, and am trying to understand options for editing of the browse tree. (I must admit it's a long time since I looked at any of this in Asset.)

Are the browse tree capabilities on Mac much more limited than those on Windows/Linux? The info on the browse tree here:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/AssetUPnP/advanced.html

seems to indicate much more flexibility of configuration than I can see on my system.

For example, if I create a new 'Composer' category, the only 'child' options I get in the drop-down menu are 'conducter','contains', 'contributing artist' and 'encoder'. I can't see any way of customising the tree in the way described in the Browse Tree section of the page linked above.

The Mac documentation doesn't seem to have changed since 6.x - is that right?

Super Moderator

Re: Browse tree in Asset 7.1 Mac

The dropdown list with available options can be scrolled. Scrolling it will present you with all the options available on Windows, except for "PC Sound Capture [WASAPI]" which is Windows-only feature of Asset.

Aha! In my defence, there's no clue in the interface that the list can be scrolled, just as the 'Add new' button has no visual indication that it's a drop-down menu.

Anyway, hours of configuration fun ahead - thanks

The other question in my original post was about whether the Mac version of Asset is less configurable than others. For example, the documentation for the windows version has this in the "Browse Tree" section:

"It is possible to create a tree item which descends into the tree automatically, for example:

1980s Pop**Dynamic Browsing&+&Genre&+&Pop&+&Year&+& 1980s

creates a item appearing as '1980s Pop', which when selected automatically descends into Dynamic Browsing >> Genre >> Pop >> Year >> 1980s."

This doesn't appear in the Mac docs, and seems not to be possible. Is that right?

Administrator

Yes it should work the same on all versions.

Ok, after searching the forum I found this:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...l=1*post187368

from which I guess I should be editing ~/Library/dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v4/AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev7.txt ?

So would I just add the line '1980s Pop**Dynamic Browsing&+&Genre&+&Pop&+&Year&+& 1980s' to that file?

Administrator

You can edit the tree using the GUI, just add that line as the new tree item name

Many thanks for the reply.

I'm now playing around with that line; sometimes a change works, sometimes it doesn't, and I have very little idea why. Is there some further documentation somewhere that I've missed? Maybe a basic guide to the syntax being used?

Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post
    Many thanks for the reply.

I'm now playing around with that line; sometimes a change works, sometimes it doesn't, and I have very little idea why. Is there some further documentation somewhere that I've missed? Maybe a basic guide to the syntax being used?
    Anyone? Anything?

Administrator